IGNORED

Double-click Draw

Fort Apocalypse

Just posted in other thread, but posting here also in case anyone finds it useful as an Atari 2600 paint program.

Warning: flashing colors.

Click and drag to draw. Double-click to erase a dot. Stays red when it is waiting on double-click.

Please feel free to extend and repost the full bas program and binary with your change. It's a collaborative paint program!

doubleclick.bas

doubleclick.bas.asm.txt

doubleclick.bas.bin

post-7602-1205897584_thumb.png

Edited by Fort Apocalypse

Please feel free to extend and repost the full bas program and binary with your change. It's a collaborative paint program!

Sounds like fun. Wouldn't it be cool if you could figure out how to draw on a high resolution screen:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121993

To help with another program I'm working on and to get more practice, I made my own version of Double-click Draw.

Instructions

• Press fire button to start.
  • Use joystick controller to move cursor.
  • Press fire button to draw or erase.
  • Double-click fire button to change color of playfield pixels while cursor is at rest. You can also change the color of playfield pixels by pressing the select switch.

Updated Version

Here's the .bin file to use with your favorite emulator:

double_click_draw_2019y_12m_25d_0027t.bin

Here's the .bas file if you want to look at the code:

double_click_draw_2019y_12m_25d_0027t.bas

Old Version

double_click_draw_2008y_03m_22d_1100.bin

double_click_draw_2008y_03m_22d_1100.bas

I'm almost done with the multicolor version where you can change the color of each row. I'll post that later today.

Edited by Random Terrain

really like the title screen and the slower and cool looking cursor!

however it is no longer uses double-click to erase (just clicking erases) and overwriting a previously drawn line erases it. I don't know if that was your intention or not. are you going to utilize the double-click? if not, maybe we should rename it to "draw"?

really like the title screen and the slower and cool looking cursor!

however it is no longer uses double-click to erase (just clicking erases) and overwriting a previously drawn line erases it. I don't know if that was your intention or not. are you going to utilize the double-click? if not, maybe we should rename it to "draw"?

Double-clicking now changes the color. So does pressing the select switch if the double-clicking gets tiresome. To double click, stop moving the cursor and double click the fire button.

Edited by Random Terrain

This is similar to my other version of Double-click Draw, but thanks to batari, this one allows you to change the color of each row.

Instructions

• Press fire button to start.
  • Use joystick controller to move cursor.
  • Press fire button to draw or erase.
  • Double-click fire button to change the color of the current row of playfield pixels while the cursor is at rest. You can also change the color of the current row of playfield pixels by pressing the select switch.

double_click_draw_special_2008y_03m_22d_1402.bin

double_click_draw_special_2008y_03m_22d_1402.bas

You won't be able to run that code properly unless you download this file from batari:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...p;#entry1486518

After you unzip it, go to the includes folder and rename "2600basic.h" to something like "_original_2600basic.h" and then put the new "2600basic.h" file in the includes folder. When you're done playing around, you can rename "2600basic.h" to something like "_special_2600basic.h" and then rename "_original_2600basic.h" to "2600basic.h" so everything will be back to normal.