IGNORED

A bunch of ATRs of Softside, Parrot, Linkline, Barcode Reader software

Allan

Here are a bunch of ATRs of different 8-bit software. There are a few Softside Magazine programs, some Compute programs, the Parrot sound digitizer discs, the rare Bar code reader disks with contest entries that came form the company, and some other stuff. There were a couple of disks I couldn't save like Softside Issue #42, which had a bunch of errors on it. I don't know much about sector editing disks so I don't know if I can save it.

Enjoy.

Any questions, just ask.

Allan

8_bit_disks.zip

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I've been think about it but can't really decide the value. I know it's extremely rare (never seen one before) plus the one I have has an additional disk and manual that was part of a contest they held. The disk has a number of entries to the contest.

Here's the whole set.

Short of a really good money offer I think I would like to use it for trade. I would love to have a Xff551 drive. I need a couple of more 1050's (I'm down to one working one).

Allan

post-187-0-42078600-1323538925_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allan

• 6 years later...

Here are a bunch of ATRs of different 8-bit software. There are a few Softside Magazine programs, some Compute programs, the Parrot sound digitizer discs,

Do you still have the Parrot disks?

If yes, then please make an image with your Kryoflux because they are protected with weak sectors and there seems to be no full dump on the net.

I am able to recreate a working ATX from your image but a real dump is preferable.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 5/3/2018 at 11:49 AM, DjayBee said:

Do you still have the Parrot disks?

If yes, then please make an image with your Kryoflux because they are protected with weak sectors and there seems to be no full dump on the net.

I am able to recreate a working ATX from your image but a real dump is preferable.

@DjayBee Wow. I just realized I missed this. Sorry. To answer your question, no. I sold the whole thing to (I believe) fibrewire. I am angry that I did not scan the manuals but it was before I got into scanning Atari manuals. :(

21 minutes ago, DjayBee said:

No problem because meanwhile we have a flux dump from Bill Lange. Yours would only be a possibilty to verify the dump.

Your version is identical to "Parrot v2.0 (1986)(Alpha Systems)(US)".

I know Bill had some disks himself but many of the disks he flux dumped were mine. So I am assuming his Parrot disk dump is from my disk.

• Like 1