IGNORED

How To Use StatusBarColor?

MausGames

When I try to set the StatusBarColor with the 6Lives/StatusBar HUD, it corrupts the status bar display. Is there a trick to this, or is it a bug?

Also, does anyone know why vertical scrolling no longer works with the PFheights option?

Edited by MausGames

When I try to set the StatusBarColor with the 6Lives/StatusBar HUD, it corrupts the status bar display. Is there a trick to this, or is it a bug?

There is a small (maybe 1 in 64) chance that the extra code for the statusbar color might just happens to push one of the tables such that it wraps a page. I'd recommend putting the "inline 6lives_statusbar.asm" at the beginning of the last bank instead of at the end of the code (or vice-versa :) )

Also, does anyone know why vertical scrolling no longer works with the PFheights option?
I didn't think it ever worked. Did it actually work at one time?

I've never had any luck getting statusbarcolor to work, even when I relocate the inline command. I noticed atari2600land reported the same problem.

[

In previous versions of bB it worked fine, it just looked ackward unless you set the pfheights table to all 8's - which is what I'm trying to do. Now when you try that, the score bounces like crazy, and the playfield doesn't scroll every 8th time pfscroll is used.

Edited by MausGames

I've never had any luck getting statusbarcolor to work, even when I relocate the inline command. I noticed atari2600land reported the same problem.

[

In previous versions of bB it worked fine, it just looked ackward unless you set the pfheights table to all 8's - which is what I'm trying to do. Now when you try that, the score bounces like crazy, and the playfield doesn't scroll every 8th time pfscroll is used.

Never mind - I see the problem with statusbarcolor. The attached file should fix it.

As for pfheights, it must be a bug, as it should work with all set to 8. I may have investigated that problem a while ago, but I'm not sure if I fixed it. I'll have to go back and check.

statusbarcolorfix.zip

Thanks Batari, worked perfectly.

I didn't want to give up a variable for this, so I tried doing "dim statusbarcolor= COLUP0" that didn't work, too bad. "dim statusbarcolor=var43" Did work though, and since that playfield section is always on, I get a uniquely colored status bar for free.

I hope the issue with vertical scrolling is fixable, it would be nice to be able to have vertically-scrolling kernels and variable-height static/horizontally-scrolling kernels in the same game.