IGNORED

Any Streets Of Rage 2 Fans?

I'm still on my SOR kick. Last night I played SOR from the 4-in-1 classics Sega CD disk (the only difference -- the Sega CD one has more clear sounds & voices, which is nice).

The MUSIC on SOR and SOR2 is fantastic. I used to think the same music was used, but although some music is reused in SOR2 (boss music for example), there are some unique Koshiro tunes on each, I realized.

I was reminded how SOR and SOR2 play very differently. SOR has less moves and a different angle on the A-button special move (save it up for boss battles, or to take out juggling enemies when you can't get a bat or a pipe to hit them long-distance), plus the weak little guys seem to hit you faster on SOR. Despite SOR2's numerous gameplay and visual improvements, SOR is still awesome fun!

SOR3 is just as fun but not as special as SOR2. SOR3 is a faster paced game than the other ones and the double-tap rolls and running are new features that change the game dynamic noticeably. The music on SOR3 is sadly a different style than SOR2.

I'm a fan, too. Cafeman, I'll have to get the Sega CD version, that sounds good!

Yeah, you should. The 4-in-1 or 5-in-1 disc is pretty cheap and has some good games on it with better audio. It was a pack-in that came with the Sega CD unit.

Chris

You know, I only recently became aware of the 5-in-1, which adds one of my fave Genesis racers, Super Monaco GP, also with enhanced clarity in the sound samples. Which is good because the voice on the Genny cart of SMGP is horribly low and scratchy! There is a lengthy comparison video on youtube showing the difference in voice quality on these games on Genesis vs CD.

Ooh I love this game! :thumbsup: :love: My character is Blaze....I still remember her moves too and it's been a longtime since I played it...She's kinda like Chun-li.

post-22489-1241131997_thumb.jpg

Tap right,right and I think the A button and she does that energy flip thing. I love the soundtrack. Alot of good house and techno songs. I always thought it was funny to find whole baked turkeys underneath the trashcans lol.

post-22489-1241132482_thumb.png

Edited by lushgirl_80

I'm fan of all three Streets Of Rage games actually. Streets Of Rage 3 is my personal favorite though. Love the ol' Genesis stuff.

My character in 2 is Blaze and my characters in 3 are Axel, Blaze and Roo (Unlockables are fun ^_^)

Edited by Atari6660

I take back what I said, at least for the levels after 3-4.

I played SoR 1 for Mega CD and played SoR 2 more extensively and god, SoR 2 sucks badly. Stupid bosses that are nothing like that of SoR 1's or Final Fight's and they're hard to hit, plus you can't change direction during a jump .

Besides the graphics and music, there's nothing to come back to.

SoR 1 can be actually be pretty fun, as anyone besides Axel. I can't beat Hardest with him, he simply sucks compared to Blaze or Adam.

I played through Final Fight on the PS2 Capcom compliation vol1, and also the beatem-up on SNK Classics vol 1 (forget the name - Burning Road?). I also played through Captain Commando which is also in this genre.

Overall, despite having better visuals and other bells and whistles in these games, I think the gameplay (and music) of SOR2 beats them all.

I've now beaten SoR1 with all characters and having gone further with Adam, I say he's the worst because of his slowness, this greatly affects some boss strategies I have and ironically, Axel was the one I didn't lose continues with, maybe out of luck.

I consider Final Fight superior but less playable than SoR. It is very, very hard and as such I can't stand the console versions (excluding the compilations, gotta get the one for PSP with FF) because of the limited continues, though I like the Mega CD's FF soundtrack.