IGNORED

I need an estimate on this Jaguar lot...

ohio4987

I'm considering selling my Atari Jaguar and everything related to it. Everything is Used and without a box. The list is as follows:

Atari Jaguar (Used, but still works very good)

Jag CD add-on (With Memory Track Cartridge)

1 working controller (not sure if other one works)

Power and AV chords for both Jaguar and Jaguar CD

TV/Game Switch

Original Print Game Manuals for some games.

Games:

Missile Command 3D

Doom

Wolfenstein 3D

Tempest 2000

Alien Vs Predator

Super Burnout

Atari Karts

Cybermorth

Checkered Flag

Club Drive

Kasumi Ninja

How much do you think I could get for this on Ebay?

Atari Jaguar (Used, but still works very good) $35

Jag CD add-on (With Memory Track Cartridge) $140

1 working controller (not sure if other one works) $4

Games:

Missile Command 3D $15

Doom $8

Wolfenstein 3D $8

Tempest 2000 $12

Alien Vs Predator $20

Super Burnout $10

Atari Karts $30

Cybermorth $2

Checkered Flag $2

Club Drive $8

Kasumi Ninja $6

$300

Atari Jaguar (Used, but still works very good) $35

Jag CD add-on (With Memory Track Cartridge) $140

1 working controller (not sure if other one works) $4

Games:

Missile Command 3D $15

Doom $8

Wolfenstein 3D $8

Tempest 2000 $12

Alien Vs Predator $20

Super Burnout $10

Atari Karts $30

Cybermorth $2

Checkered Flag $2

Club Drive $8

Kasumi Ninja $6

$300

I think it would be around the $240 range. You always lose when you sell in bulk because not as many people have enough money to bid up to 300 bucks. You would get the more money I think by selling Atari Karts and Alien Vs. Predator seperate from the rest.

Edited by The Helper

Yes, you can just put the stuff up for sale here at AA in the market place section, or, eBay is always there, but you need to take into account eBay fees and Paypal fees then too. Going by pricing given above; Sell the JagCD unit with the memory track seperately. Sell the Jaguar with controllers&Cybermorph and one other $6-8 dollar game as a package. Sell all the other $2-8 dollar games in a multi-game bundle. Sell Super Burnout and Tempest 2000 as a pair. Sell AvP, Missle Command, Atari Karts individually. Selling in this manner will give you maximum dollars on eBay with minimum eBay fees.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Long time no see. Sorry to raise this topic from the dead, but I never got around to selling my Jaguar before, but now I'm thinking about it again, plus I have some stuff I didn't mention before. I still have everything in my first post, plus this:

3 total controllers (all work, 2 regular, 1 with 6 buttons and shoulder buttons)

S-Video Cord

Space Ace

Hover Strike

Vid Grid

Myst

Myst Demo

Brain Dead 13

Blue Lightning

Tempest 2000 Soundtrack (I might keep this if the price isn't right)

Jaguar Official Gamer's Guide (covers and the first few pages are bent and worn, but still 100% readable)

Everything works with a little patience. The most it has taken me to get something to work is 4-5 tries of taking the cartridge out, blowing on it, then firmly putting it back in. Cartridges work either in the Jaguar or the Jaguar CD, and the CD drive works good (sometimes if I don't close it right, it makes a clicking sound as it spins, but the CD will still play). The only thing that has trouble working consistently is the Memory Track cartridge. It worked after trying about 3-4 CD games, but it's a little touchy.

I'm wanted to get some updated prices on the previous lot (if necessary IYO) and prices for the new items. A nearby store that sells old toys and electronics was interested around the time of my original post, but I'll call tomorrow and see if the interest is still there. Otherwise, I'd be willing to sell here or on eBay.

If Brain Dead 13 is in the big box, sell it separately. Sell the Jag, 2 pads & cart games as a lot, sell the CD drive, CD games & MT as a lot separately and sell the pro controller separately. eBay the lot for maximum pennies - maybe even try a cheeky buy-it-now at a good price for everything together. I can't see a local shop giving you anything like the right sort of money for it, even if they know the value they won't give you anything like what it's worth as they'll be wanting to sell it on and profit. T2K soundtrack isn't really worth anything, it came with the CD unit & separately, there's loads of them out there - same for gamers guide, they're cheap and easy to get. If the CD drive is boxed, you'll get more for keeping everything together that should be there: T2K soundtrack, Vid Grid, Blue Lightning and Myst demo).

• Like 2

A big thank you to everyone who posted in this thread. I know sh3-rg was against this, and others might be too, but I decided to sell to a local Play-N-Trade. The shop I was going to sell to before has literally run out of space, so I brought my bin of Jaguar stuff to a local Play-N-Trade, showed the employee that everything was in working order, and we shook hands at $150. I initially said $130 would be my rock bottom price, but after seeing how interested he was in the set, I asked for $160, when I was thinking $150 would be OK. He countered with $150, and after some thinking, I accepted.

I know I could have gotten perhaps twice that amount if I had pieced it out a bit online, but with the time and effort it would have taken, the shipping costs, and no guarantee that I would of sold it all, I decided it would be better to sell it locally. I'm glad someone else will have it and get some more good use out of it. Sorry for not letting you guys have a crack at it first, but I do appreciate the responses that helped me get a figure in my head of what I wanted for the lot price-wise. If anyone in the north east Ohio area wants to take a look at it, the Play-N-Trade I sold it to is located at the Robinhood plaza across from the Target plaza in Willoughby.

Well... the guy is definitely going to make a profit... more than double what he spent at least. That is money you very easily could have made. I take loose carts to a local retro gaming store and sell them knowing I could get more for them elsewhere but I do it to support that local business which I very much enjoy spending time at. I would not sell them a lot like this. I would not sell them Atari Karts in any form. Atari Karts was worth 2/3 of what you got. The CD unit was worth all of what you got. The original response to you may have made these items seem to be worth little but those numbers don't apply to the current market at all. I would say they were even low for where the market was 4 years ago. It is your choice of course. If it were me it wouldn't take long for the sinking feeling of regret to kick in on this one.

I'd have given you at least 1/3 of that for the pro controller. Not to make you feel bad because you did what you thought best and I can respect that. But you did leave a lot on the table and unless you were in dire need of fundage, could have easily sold off the big ticket items relatively quickly here.

Of course now there's one play n trade that actually has something worth buying in the retro section.

Edited by Robocop2

That much is obvious, I just meant that I've never been to a PNT that had anything near what I would consider an interesting selection of retro items. Most retro stores seem to price stuff high. Like the one I went to once that wanted 150 for a nasty ass turbo grafx with no back cover.