IGNORED

A pfcolors question for Batari Basic experts

jbs30000

As you know, if you use the SuperChip option and have a pfres=24 or 32 then you can't use pfcolors and have to use COLUPF instead. I have 2 questions.

1. Why is this?

2. Is there an inline asm routine that can be used to work around this problem?

Thank you.

Could it be a misunderstanding? It seems to work okay in this test program...

Michael

post-7456-1206677062_thumb.png

test_pfres_pfcolors_superchip.bas

test_pfres_pfcolors_superchip.bas.bin

Something's not right. I compiled the program and got the picture you see below.

I tried re-downloading and installing bB from http://bataribasic.com/download.html but I still get the same thing. I must have some out of date or corrupt file I'm guessing, but since I replaced everything, I don't know what's wrong.

It's probably because I'm using some newer versions of some include files that batari had posted in the forums. Here's a zipped file that should contain most of them-- unzip it into your includes directory, then recompile the test program and see if it runs any differently...

Michael

bB updates

I'm getting:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

And I am logged in. I'll search the forum for bB updates myself and try to find them that way.

I'm glad you told me that, now I know why no one has downloaded the SDK stuff I posted links to. The problem is, I tried to link to attachments that are uploaded to my personal space or whatever. I'll just attach it to this post.

Michael

updated_2600basic.zip

Cool :cool: everything works great now!

So, stupid question, but how do I keep up with future updates? I tried searching using keywords like update, updates, and batari, but had a hard time finding anything.

I think that's a question for batari and Random Terrain to work out between themselves-- batari because he's the man, and Random Terrain because he's the man's web page designer (I think). As any new-and-improved include files get posted in these forums, and/or as any user-written or user-customized include files get posted, it would be cool if they got added to the batari Basic web pages. :ponder:

However, I think batari may be getting ready to post a newer, spiffier version of bB before too much longer, anyway. :)

Michael

I'm looking forward to the next update. I'm not sure if any of the "patches" I've used have overwritten others, and some of the bugs in 1.0 can confuse you into thinking you're doing something wrong. Higher resolution superchip playfields are a huge improvement, but they also come at a huge cost. Especially in cycles, and your ability to scroll the playfield. I hope a future update allows for multiple pfres settings; You usually don't want the same resolution for every kernel in a game, and usually for those two reasons.

Edited by MausGames

I think that's a question for batari and Random Terrain to work out between themselves-- batari because he's the man, and Random Terrain because he's the man's web page designer (I think). As any new-and-improved include files get posted in these forums, and/or as any user-written or user-customized include files get posted, it would be cool if they got added to the batari Basic web pages. :ponder:

However, I think batari may be getting ready to post a newer, spiffier version of bB before too much longer, anyway. :)

That's good news. The only bB related pages that I work on are these two:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-me...c-commands.html

http://www.randomterrain.com/batari-basic/manual.html

Either batari or somebody he knows works on these pages:

http://bataribasic.com/

Edited by Random Terrain

I'm getting:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

And I am logged in. I'll search the forum for bB updates myself and try to find them that way.

I'm glad you told me that, now I know why no one has downloaded the SDK stuff I posted links to. The problem is, I tried to link to attachments that are uploaded to my personal space or whatever. I'll just attach it to this post.

Michael

Michael,

Could you repost this in the bB bugs topic? Since it's pinned, people will be more sure to find it. Thanks, man!