IGNORED

2600 games with an ending?

Propane13

You're quite right about the switch-up of the controllers getting annoying. I know when I'm standing in the map room, and leave to get a sandwich and come back, I sometimes move the wrong controller first, and end up in that dang bog. Stupid Valley of Poison! Gahh!

-John K. Harvey

And then there's the pushing the wrong button issue. Accidentally getting rid of the shovel after nuking your parachute because you press the button twice in a mesa makes me want to take up drinkin'. So many horribly frustrating moments in such a small game.

I never figured out how to bribe the sheik to get to the black market. Anyone ever do this successfully?

-John K. Harvey

I never figured out how to bribe the sheik to get to the black market. Anyone ever do this successfully?

WARNING: Raiders of the Lost Ark puzzle spoiler

While standing on the Black Sheik’s flute icon, drop the Chai (one of the treasures from the temple); this will take you to the Black Market instantly.

• Like 1

Marble Craze ends after level 18.  Although I haven't been able to finish it yet.  :)  I can only get about halfway through 18 as it's pretty hard.

Speaking about homebrews: Thrust has an (actually there are two ends, one especially for cheaters :)) end too. But you must go through at least 24 missions (including that "deadly something") to get to it.

And yes, I've played thru (for testing), but I used a hacked version with unlimited lifes and fuel. :P

• 5 months later...

WARNING: Raiders of the Lost Ark puzzle spoiler

While standing on the Black Sheik’s flute icon, drop the Chai (one of the treasures from the temple); this will take you to the Black Market instantly.

Another spoiler:

You need to "bribe" the raving lunatic at the black market with a bag of coins or else he will kill you after using the above method of getting there (it's kind of tricky to find the right spot to stand at as well). Since you can only carry six objects at a time...you'll have to weigh the options (Chai+gold / Ankh) of getting there.

spikes peak & ghost manor both end. Spike has a little flag on the montain peak iirc. god took me forever to beat that game. tomarc the barbarian ends. (but i dont remember if it restarts at end or not,)

fathom has an ending (a text message of where to send to get a free t-shirt,) mountain king 'ends' but repeats

I still cannot work out watch your suppose to do in Ghost Manor. Your just running around chasing a ghost or its chasing you.

On the first screen, you're supposed to touch the ghost as much as possible. IIRC, this earns you points, which in turn earn you... ummm... something useful. I forget what exactly. Extra lives?

Airlock has an ending. Once you escape the flooding submarine, it shows you standing on top on the surface.

I haven't played these to the end, but I imagine Escape from the Mindmaster and Dragonstomper must have endings.

Yeah, someone on here just said the other week that I think level 8 to Mindmaster was the final one, and Dragonstomper is really tough to beat, but it also ends.

There's also the exclamation mark "ending" of H. E. R. O. and Tunnel Runner ends at the 119th (or somewhere around there) level, although the game just crashes...doesn't seem like much to me to put in a little anime showing your character (for the first time EVER to see it onscreen) running out and jumping up and down while it says "you made it out, Tunnel Runner!", or something. But video game endings were pretty much unheard of back then.