Curt Vendel

Sirius, Plutos and Rampart Prototypes Released! For Real!

Glad you are happy, I've got another set up for sale, if anyone is interested. :)

:cool: Bring on more prototypes! Where's that Atari Team Wrestling?

Didn't that make it out the door as MAT MANIA CHALLENGE once the license was secured?

Didn't that make it out the door as MAT MANIA CHALLENGE once the license was secured?

That's the theory. I don't know if any conclusive proof and surfaced however. It makes sense though.

Tempest

Finally got around to putting the prototypes on my CC2. Focusing on Plutos so far - great fun!

That's the theory. I don't know if any conclusive proof and surfaced however. It makes sense though.

Tempest

I thought that Atari Team Wrestling was one of the games in development when they hung it up, like Moon Patrol, etc....totally different (and hopefully improved) game.

I skimmed through part of this thread but didn't see it on the first few pages. Did anyone have permission or need it from Kevin Franklin / Others to produce and distribute this game? TyneSoft is obviasly defunct. What are the copywrite laws on this?

AX

I skimmed through part of this thread but didn't see it on the first few pages. Did anyone have permission or need it from Kevin Franklin / Others to produce and distribute this game? TyneSoft is obviasly defunct. What are the copywrite laws on this?

AX

Like I said in the other thread, the only reason your auction got pulled is cause some no life called the epolice on you. It has nothing to do with Sirius as a program it's self, it's all about some cockless loser with nothing better to do then screw around in other peoples finances.

• Like 1

AX

Don't know, but somebody must own the copyright. Unless the owners explicitly released it into public domain, which is doubtful. If they went bankrupt then creditors would probably end up with it. If the company was dissolved with cash in the bank, then I assume owner(s) of the company inherited the IP personally.

I have both plutos and sirius on cart for the 7800, is there many of them out there? They are in like new condition maybe someone just made the cartridges in the last couple of years? Its hard to believe the graphics on the plutos game, that its really a 7800??

What are the carts worth?

I have both plutos and sirius on cart for the 7800, is there many of them out there?

I've no idea at an exact number but probably less than 100.

They are in like new condition maybe someone just made the cartridges in the last couple of years?

Probably because they were made in the last few years ;).

Its hard to believe the graphics on the plutos game, that its really a 7800??

Check out any of the modern homebrews for the platform and you'll see that the 7800 is capable of better.

I have both plutos and sirius on cart for the 7800, is there many of them out there?

Probably very few.

They are in like new condition maybe someone just made the cartridges in the last couple of years?

The games themselves were only found not that long ago, so yes.

Its hard to believe the graphics on the plutos game, that its really a 7800??

I actually liked SIRIUS better visually, but yeah. if those were that company's first 7800 titles, imagine what their fourth gen 7800 games would have been like.

What are the carts worth?

They're illegitimate repros as opposed to official released cartridges from anyone back in the day.

I guess the reason why tynesoft pulled out of their 7800 releases (plutos and sirius) was largely thanks to Atari UK in that Atari UK 'persuaded' it's US parent to put back the 7800 console release in europe till after the release of the XEGS (which is what happened), after all the same fate befell 7800 gauntlet (by hewson/graftgold)

Hmmmm, would it be difficult to get these to work on the 7800 XM, or would you still need 16K on cart or something like the [email protected] or H2?

You just need to find space for the 6502 instructions to enable the RAM and map it in. That should be relatively easy in 128K games like Plutos and Sirius.

It is amazing the things a good programmer can do with a limited system.

I always wanted to make video games for the atari, but after spending 1/2 a day reading about assembler code for the Maria processor, it still is all gibberish. Too bad there was not a easier way to learn programming for the 7800, like such as in basic they tell you certain commands do different things. Maybe I should spend a couple more 1/2 days to get my answers, or maybe stay on topic and search for my answers in the programming section!!

Maybe I should spend a couple more 1/2 days to get my answers, or maybe stay on topic and search for my answers in the programming section!!

Or ask questions over there about anything you need clarifying. A few of us have done several 7800 games and new 7800 programmers are always welcomed.

I have many parts around to make more of these, although at this point, pretty much most 7800 fans have these already. :)

SiriusPlutos.jpg

I have many parts around to make more of these, although at this point, pretty much most 7800 fans have these already. :)

I might have to take you up on that offer...in a couple months or so, once my pocketbook finally starts to reconstitute itself again from it's ashen state. :D

I would take both games if you do some!

I would take both games if you do some!

Same here