IGNORED

Colecovision HSC week #23 - Cabbage Patch Kids Adventures in the Park

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

Cabbage Patch Kids Adventures in the Park

post-14567-1207109903.jpg

Game Info

Your player is a Cabbage Patch kid with pigtails who is having a day at the park. A day that includes jumping onto vines and leaping over holes and bouncing onto correct platforms. A misplaced jump will lose a life and additionally there are a few creatures such as bees who end the player's turn when touched.

-This game was suggested by: theking21083

-Skill level: 1

Challenge

-None

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be the following Wednesday at 1:00 A.M. Eastern.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

-If you would like to make a challenge for this game try to let me know before you post your first score.

Current High Scores

1st - duncantoml (86,300)

2nd - Mister VCS (37,900)

3rd - joeybastard (28,700)

4th - Ikrananka (22,850)

Leaderboard

1st -duncantoml +241 points

2nd -joeybastard +178 points

3rd -Ikrananka +151 points

4th -theking21083 +148 points

5th -chuckwalla +105 points

6th -Mister VCS +85 points

7th -RJ +71

8th -Recycled +42 points

9th -ColecoNation +33

10th-doubledown +32

11th-1982VideoGames +31 points

12th-jboypacman +28 points

13th-Blackjack +26 points

14th-PressureCooker2600 +22 points

15th-ladybugz +20

16th-darthkur +19

17th-Prodos8 +11

18th-Albert +9 points

18th-jetset +9 points

19th-purenergy +6 points

20th-edweird13 +1 point

20th-ScottHuggins +1 point

20th-Artlover +1 point

20th-Murph74 +1 point

Edited by theking21083

Screen 23 is easier to master if you walk the whole game left instead of right!

The balls are behind your kid instead of in front of the kid! My scores are lower than walking right until now, but I am able to master screen 23!

:)

Wow! I didn't even know you could go left.

little better with the "go left tactic": 28,500 (but the adventure in the park goes on...)

@duncantoml: "left or right"?

Going right I've gotten 70,250 on screen 61 which is has the 5 holes with fish and polin.

Going left I've gotten 57,150 on screen 52 which is the 5 blocks and the fire pit with the flying fire.

I'm getting close to my personal best, but just a little short. I do think going left is the best over all, but my score doesn't show that.

Edited by duncantoml

After posting the one above, It made me want to play. So.....

Going left I got 86,300 and made it to screen 82. This screen is the hardest one I've seen in the game.

Screen 82 has the 5 blocks and the fire pit with the flying fire, but they also added in polin, so you can't go to the 2nd to the last block to wait and time your jump over the fire making this screen a bitch.

This is weird! I started playing this emulated in Meka. For the first level I went right and then on the 2nd I went left. As I approached the brick sign to finish the level, I jumped and went past it. The level didn't end. I kept going left and it was like the level restarted but the timer was still down like I had been playing. I got killed soon after so I wasn't able to go through it again to see if it would end when I got to the brick sign again.

Anybody else ever experience this?

This is weird! I started playing this emulated in Meka. For the first level I went right and then on the 2nd I went left. As I approached the brick sign to finish the level, I jumped and went past it. The level didn't end. I kept going left and it was like the level restarted but the timer was still down like I had been playing. I got killed soon after so I wasn't able to go through it again to see if it would end when I got to the brick sign again.

Anybody else ever experience this?

I tried that to. If you go right 10 screens then go left, you have to go to 30 screens to end the level which would be screen 20 the other way.

If you watch the screen counter at the bottom when you do this, then you will see it go from 1 to 10, then if you go the other way it will count them down to zero again and then start back up.

So to get very high on levels, you have to go in one direction.

I suck at this game. 28,700

Nah - I suck worse 22,850.

It's the damn vine swinging that kills me every time. I can do it in Jungle Hunt with no problem but the momentum for the swing is so much less in this, I keep coming up short.

Sorry for the delay guys. I will get the next game up as soon as I get off of work. I had to work late last night and didn't get home until 10PM. Some fishing boat broke down, so of course they call the Coast Guard to tow them in, we don't charge.