IGNORED

NWCGE presents Jet city Retro April 26-27

Hi everyone,

one of our staff members (Nate) is putting a show together in Seattle for this month. don't miss it! :)

hope to see you there!!

Rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NWCGE is preparing a show to take place in Seattle , April 26-27th. We will be having an exhibitor's hall, and vendor tables are now available to all vendors. If you are interested in participating as a vendor this year, please let me know if you are interested.

I apologize for the short notice. You should act fast to secure your table. This year's show will take place in the heart of Seattle's University District. We will be right smack in a urban area, two blocks from the University of Washington's main campus. This is a prime location, and opportunities for excellent vendor sales are tremendous.

More details will be coming soon, but please get in touch with me now if you have any interest in exhibiting or selling at this year's show (known as Jet City Retro). This year's show takes place in the Hotel Deca, and special room rates are available, but are in limited supply

Here is a breakdown of the various options available to vendors and sponsors:

Booths:

-------

$100 Booth (3 table, U-shaped), 5 available to pre-registration

$200 Corner Booth (roughly twice the size of a normal booth), 2 available to pre-registration

Sponsorships:

-------------

$1000 Platinum (2 available) 1 free Corner Booth

. note: top billing . . . . . 1 free hotel room on Friday AND Saturday night

. . . . goes to the . . . . . 1 full page ad in program (first Platinum sponsor receives back page)

. . . . first sponsor . . . . "...Sponsored By" in all advertising

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$500 Gold (3 available) 1 free Booth,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 free hotel room on Friday OR Saturday night

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 full page ad in program,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "featured vendor" status in all advertising

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$250 Silver (4 available) 1 free Booth,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 full page ad in program,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "featured vendor" status in all advertising

Advertising:

------------

$75 . . . . Full Page Ad in program

$40 . . . . 1/2 Page Ad in program

$400. . . . Sponsor the Midnight showing of "High Score" at the Neptune Theater on Saturday

$300. . . . Sponsor badges (small 2" logo will appear on every badge)

In order to secure a Booth or Corner Booth, you need only email me and request that I save your spot. For sponsorships and Advertising, payment must be received by April 8th to receive all benefits. In order to help me, all interested vendors should send an email to anotherfluke@gmail.com with the name of your business in the subject line with any questions or requests.

price for admission is 15$ for 1 day or 20$ for both

~Nathan (jetcityretro.com)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
Is this really happening?

There is no information on the NWCGE website about it. The Jet City Retro Site has one post from last month and one post from yesterday saying it's on, but there is no sponser info, no buzz of any kind.

Do we know who's exhibiting?

it's happening!!! i'll be there friday and saturday. as to why there is no info, ask Nate! besides being able to make changes on his jet city retro site, he can on the NWCGE site as well. it's not the best planned event, but it WILL happen! i know very little info about it. i do know it opens at 9am on saturday, hopefully it's a good turnout!

Rick

Hey guys, Nathan - sorry I didn't make it out to help unload this morning.

I'm back in Redmond now, reflecting on what transpired this weekend. Warning: scattered thought-spaghetti may occur.

The Seattle show was enjoyable this year, but I think it's unanimous that we should plan more for next year's event.

Many people seemed interested and willing enough to dedicate to the cause, that I think we can have an even greater show next year.

Most people I talked to seemed disappointed in both the low turn-out and lack of things to do this year.

I was talking with some people, and we came up with a few cool ideas for next year's show that I'd like to discuss with you guys.

One thing that would be awesome would be to use what was this year's Rock Band room as a movie screening room next year.

All we would need to do is put a few more chairs in when the room closes on Sat. night (8pm, I believe) and set the projector up to a DVD player.

I nominate King of Kong or High Score to be shown. ;)

Also, we need Steve Weibe's phone number. It would be great if he was available that weekend to stop by for a game of Ms.Pac-Man or Donkey Kong.

Lastly, I think that it was the idea this year to get a guest speaker to talk about games and such. If we had some one willing to speak next year, that would be great. Especially if we decided to have the speaker give a keynote of sorts.

There's some other things I think we're all aware about, planning better, trying to get more vendors and exhibitioners to come next year, more advertising/awareness, etc.

I will try to get Dan Potter from CA Games to show up next year as an exhibitioner (at least by then Donk for Dreamcast should be done, heh), and I've also been talking to other people that would at the very least show up as attendees.

Until then, see you all at NWCGE Portland in Sept. I'll probably be talking to you guys a lot more in the future.

-Matt Antonellis

My pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22095768@N03/...57604792312935/

I had a blast! The location was great and I had tons of fun hanging out. Next year will be even better. Hope to see everyone at the Portland show in the fall. Jeanne and I have started an NWCGE MySpace page to try and help keep things organized and make anouncements about future events. There's not much there now but more is coming soon.

http://www.myspace.com/nwcge

And of course the real websites are www.nwcge.org and www.jetcityretro.com

y-bot

Thanks to everyone who attended or vended (?) at this year's show! Putting the show together in the short timeframe that I gave myself was a big stresspoint for me, and parts of the show suffered because of it, but I think that many other things happened beautifully. More than anything, I have a ton of great feedback, data, and ideas for making next year's show bigger and better!

Obviously, promoting and advertising the show much earlier is a key priority for me this year. I have my reasons for waiting so long before acting on the show, and I can go into the whole backstory for JCR if people really want to hear it, but my point is that the biggest improvement I can make for next year's show is to, well, promote the hell out of it.

For those of you that did attend this year's show, I'd love to hear some more feedback on things you'd like to see added or changed for JCR '09. The two main improvements I'll be making are:

1. More promotion and advertising, earlier

2. More organized and varied programming (contests, tournaments, speakers)

If you have specific suggestions on these two points (places I should advertise, specific exhibitors/speakers), I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I'm really interested to get feedback on other aspects of the show from both vendors and attendees. Please give me your thoughts on areas like registration, the vendor hall, the console freeplay room and rock band stage, or any other things you'd like to see at the show that we didn't have this year.

~Nathan

want to thank Nate for putting this show together, i know it's a lot of work! and i'm sure next year will be better planed and have a better turnout. personally for me i had a blast at the show, i think i spent more time talking to people then in any other shows i have been to.

as to the location, i liked it very much, hotel staff was the most friendly i have ever seen, loved the layout of the vendors room. one thing that was a bit weird was having the other 2 rooms far from the vendors room. (maybe it was just me but it seemed far away)

once again thanks Nate for making it happen! looking forward to next years jet city retro! and hope to see you all at our next NWCGE portland show.

Take Care,

Rick

PS how did the NES championships go? sorry i could not be there on sunday. :(

My pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22095768@N03/...57604792312935/

I had a blast! The location was great and I had tons of fun hanging out. Next year will be even better. Hope to see everyone at the Portland show in the fall. Jeanne and I have started an NWCGE MySpace page to try and help keep things organized and make anouncements about future events. There's not much there now but more is coming soon.

http://www.myspace.com/nwcge

And of course the real websites are www.nwcge.org and www.jetcityretro.com

y-bot

Toby and Jeanne, thank you for making a myspace page! john's been after me to do it for a long time now, :P i think you'll be able to do a better job at it then i would. :)

Rick

Beth came in 3rd, Tina took 2nd, and I managed to claim 1st this year. Huzzah!

I might pull a Billy Mitchell [shameless sarcasm] and sit out for the Portland NES tourney. ;)

But I really want that sweet, sweet NES Messiah console...

And don't get me wrong about the event, I had fun too. In fact I think it was more fun being one of the volunteers, meeting and talking to all of the behind-the-scenes workers and PAX enforcers that showed up. I think next year will be up to 5 times as awesome, not forgetting about the Portland show, which I hope will be great too.

Beth came in 3rd, Tina took 2nd, and I managed to claim 1st this year. Huzzah!

I might pull a Billy Mitchell [shameless sarcasm] and sit out for the Portland NES tourney. ;)

But I really want that sweet, sweet NES Messiah console...

And don't get me wrong about the event, I had fun too. In fact I think it was more fun being one of the volunteers, meeting and talking to all of the behind-the-scenes workers and PAX enforcers that showed up. I think next year will be up to 5 times as awesome, not forgetting about the Portland show, which I hope will be great too.

CONGRATS!! nice prize!! sit out? you need to defend your championship. ;)

WOW!! Pink Godzilla guys didn't place in the top 3? i'm shocked!!

Rick

CONGRATS!!

Thanks. :)

nice prize!!

Actually, I was referring to the prize from last year's Portland show. I was expecting the same prize structure for Seattle this year, but we got a copy of their card game instead. Kind of a lame prize...

I won those Messiah wireless controllers last year in Portland, and haven't used them since because I was waiting to win a console to use them with. ;)

sit out? you need to defend your championship. ;)

Well, a few on-lookers observed that I had quite possibly played Rad Racer before, hehe.

I should probably try setting a record for it one of these days. [shameless bragging]

WOW!! Pink Godzilla guys didn't place in the top 3? i'm shocked!!

I'm not sure if any of them actually played in the NES tourney. I think they were too busy hosting their own "dev kit" card game tourney at the same time. Can't confirm this though.

nice prize!!

Actually, I was referring to the prize from last year's Portland show. I was expecting the same prize structure for Seattle this year, but we got a copy of their card game instead. Kind of a lame prize...

PM me your mailing address, i'll sweeten the deal a little. :)

Rick

Thanks for hosting this!

Turnout was the big issue. I saw KIRO news there and the guy was like "Why aren't there any people?"

We clearly need to find a lot more vendors and then we need to canvas all the advertising venues we can think of.

I think Penny Arcade might have helped us here... They are local and may even be able to send *too many* curious gamers to somehting like this.

I noticed both NWCGE and Pink Godzilla didn't have a mention on thier websites. Okay - PG had a blurb but it was ON THE DAY of the show!

I thought the Craigslist ad was a good idea. Again - would have been nice to do it a little earlier.

I think a grassroots effort by all of us here to go out and solicit on all the sites and venues we normally use. Have the MS and Nintendo guys post flyers in the comapny breakrooms, stuff like that.

Seems like maybe 3 months prior we should all hookup and brainstorm in person or over the mailing list (which I've never seen any mail from) or right here in this forum.