IGNORED

*Atari* 8-bit sightings (movies, videos, and more)

Larry

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new one tonight -- S3, Ep15 of Fringe, now streaming on HBO MAX. Playing Joust on a 2600, I think, in a toy store.  Several other Atari games in boxes, too, including Battlezone.  This my 3rd watching of the series.  Like the X-Files on streroids!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2022 at 2:55 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

Spot the SM124 and the 1040ST (or is it a Falcon?)! And is that a Hotz Box I spy?

That was an working Atari and monitor, was... as in the end they busted it all up into pieces....

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2008 at 1:50 PM, carmel_andrews said:

Can't remember the name of the film, but it showed and 'out of focus' shot of the Atari 800 running the APX program 'Scram' fairly prominantly throughout the movie

In regards to the 'D A R Y L' Movie, I remember a similar trick (i.e an A8 game, in this case 'Space Invaders' being played at Turbo Speed), it wasnt a film but a Childrens TV series called 'Chocky' (or was it Chocky's Children) one of the two, anyway the main male character is seen sitting down with an A800 playing Space Invaders at Turbo Speed

There was a film called Paris, Texas...The scene i remember was shot in a shopping centre (or 'Shopping Mall' to you peeps) and some bloke came out of one of the shops there carrying what looked like an Atari 600xl box and a 1050 disk drive also in a box

Although it isnt an A8...In the second terminator film, the John Connor Character is seen hacking a security terminal using little more the an Atari Portfolio (or it could have been the DIP version)

I think that the cameo in "Paris, Texas" has actually gotten mixed up with:

as there isn't a scene in a shopping mall in "Paris, Texas". Probably it was down to the Stetson. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...