IGNORED

Visual bB 1.0 - a new IDE for batari Basic

jwierer

• 1 month later...

Okay, I got everything up and running on my computer. But after I tried to run my program, it told me that it couldn't find default.bas.bin. I've tried everything that I can think of but nothing seems to work. HELP!

My guess if you have a space in the name of the path where bB is located. A good check is to always make sure you can compile from the command-line first.

-Jeff

How exactly do I do that?

That being "compile at the command-line"? You just type 2600bas <name of your program>. If that doesn't work then you'll want to go back through the readme.

You can find more trouble shooting tips here (http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-vbb.html#troubleshooting)

BTW - You are sure about the no spaces?

-Jeff

• 1 month later...

Can't get the setup too work, it complains on the bB compiler path, I've set it up like this: C:\Atari2600\bB\2600basic.exe - What am I doing wrong?

Have you seen this yet:

www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-vbb.html#install_vbb

• 2 weeks later...

Multicolour sprite option greyed out.

I don't know why this is happening.

I went back to edit some of my DPC multicoloured sprites and they usually default to normal sprites and then you have to click DPC button again, and then it defaults to player0 where you can select individual line colours and change them.

As soon as you change it to the player number that used to be, the option to select individual line colors disappears.

To work around I change of the colours when it's at the player zero and then before I save change it to player 2 or 3,4 and then save.

Multicolour sprite option greyed out.

I don't know why this is happening.

I went back to edit some of my DPC multicoloured sprites and they usually default to normal sprites and then you have to click DPC button again, and then it defaults to player0 where you can select individual line colours and change them.

As soon as you change it to the player number that used to be, the option to select individual line colors disappears.

To work around I change of the colours when it's at the player zero and then before I save change it to player 2 or 3,4 and then save.

You can't really determine if a sprite was created for DPC or not once saved. Unless you're using the DPC setting, it assumes you're using the multisprite kernel where sprites 2-5 are virtual and given their own virtual color and NUSIZ registers (http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#multikernel). Bascially what you are seeing is protection against making a mistake of trying to create a multisprite kernel sprite using the normal sprite color definitions.

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bug: Visual bB is showing warnings for COLUM0 and COLUM1 which sets the missile0 and missile1 color when they are above or below a color defined sprite.

When they are horizontal to a player0, player1 or virtual player1 thru player9 missiles take the color of the player.

Bug: Visual bB is showing warnings for COLUM0 and COLUM1 which sets the missile0 and missile1 color when they are above or below a color defined sprite.

When they are horizontal to a player0, player1 or virtual player1 thru player9 missiles take the color of the player.

Are you saying that those just missing? You can always customize the dictionary for anything that is missing in the settings tab. Are they just standard kernel registers?

-Jeff

• 4 months later...

Pretty soon you won't be able to buy anything that isn't a tablet. Good luck trying to make a game by rubbing your fingers on the screen. :D

This is absurd. Every manufacturers BUT Apple are flocking to this touch screen PC thing (especially with Windows 8 ). In fact Apple's computer business is doing much better than anybody else's.

But let's not start this conversation. :)

Edited by olivil

This is absurd. Every manufacturers BUT Apple are flocking to this touch screen PC thing (especially with Windows 8 ). In fact Apple's computer business is doing much better than anybody else's.

But let's not start this conversation. :)

I personally use a tablet cover with built in wireless keyboard. Jailbroke the iPad and use DOSBOX to write QuickBASIC programs. They make tablets: I punch and bend them back until they're laptops again.