IGNORED

Charlie Daniels blast Guitar Hero III

I thought "Devil Went Down to Georgia" was a fiddlin' song, what the hell is it doin' in GUITAR Hero anyway... :roll: :ponder:

Charlie is right, the Devil should not be able to win. This should be a tutorial song, not a final battle. If you win, do you get a golden fiddle?

IIRC, Johnny plays a fiddle for his parts, but when the devil plays, his parts sound like an electric guitar.

When his band of demons joined in, it sounded something like guitar, piano, bass and drums. The devil still played a fiddle.

I stand corrected.

The only thing that I agree with in this thread is that it should be a tutorial song as CD says that the song was intended that the devil always looses. I'm pretty sure that he intended this song for a game many years into the future and that his song was made for said unnamed game. But not really...

It really is too bad how he lost rights to the song but seriously, he's soapboxing because he can't do anything about it even though it's a song that was never dreamed of being in a video game. I can't seem to find an actual publishing date for that song, but everything seems to point to 1989, I swear it was older than that. Please correct me if that year i wrong. But anyway, the point was that even in 1989, the technology for games wasn't even up to what is considered is simple by today's standards... Like Guitar Hero. By no means is this a technological breakthrough, it's just reallllly cool. Shred64 seems to prove that it can be done on "lesser" hardware.

So yeah, situation says it's too bad that it's come down to this. Intellectual rights say otherwise since the application of the song was for what was not even the purpose of the song being written in the first place.

please explain to me how this whole thing isn't a guitar hero commercial then? It looks like one on so many levels.

I would have agreed with you until I read that Charlie no longer owns any rights to the song meaning he has nothing to gain from publicity (more sales) of the game.

yeah, unless the whole thing's a lie. Honestly I think I'd respect him more for this if he were part of an advertising campaign.

Right now it looks like Charlie Daniels has at least seen the game played to the end, has intentionally stirred up some attention for it, and has encouraged everybody to go play it for themselves. Am I leaving anything out? Even if he's not being paid for the publicity, that would just mean that he's pushing copies of the game for free. which would make him kind of 'slow'

I tend to believe he's telling the truth, and is pretty slow.

"guitar hero is bad. It's all kinds of evil, with fire demons, cool stage makeup, and rock and roll. No kids, your grandpa's generation would never have rocked this hard. They even take perfectly wholesome songs and pervert them into pyrotechnic, metal-rific glory. It sure would take a 'real rebel' to grab his mighty axe and jam with the devil himself in front of 50,000 fans--but don't take my word for it, play it yourself"

no thanks charlie, speedreading is just no fun for me, no matter how cool and evil you say it is. :roll:

Edited by Reaperman

I assume that Charlie Daniels, as a hard-core right-winger, is upset about the possibility of the devil winning anything. Because evil never is supposed to win, right? first of all, hey grandpa, its just a game. get over yourself. Second of all, sometimes evil does win. I mean, Charlie Daniels always plays those horrible Sean Hannity "Freedom" concerts, designed to support the Bush administration of which Beezulbub himself, Darth Cheney, is vice president......

Yes, I'm a liberal......I freely admit that. I really think Daniels needs to find something else to do, like maybe write another song......

I assume that Charlie Daniels, as a hard-core right-winger, is upset about the possibility of the devil winning anything. Because evil never is supposed to win, right? first of all, hey grandpa, its just a game. get over yourself. Second of all, sometimes evil does win. I mean, Charlie Daniels always plays those horrible Sean Hannity "Freedom" concerts, designed to support the Bush administration of which Beezulbub himself, Darth Cheney, is vice president......

Yes, I'm a liberal......I freely admit that. I really think Daniels needs to find something else to do, like maybe write another song......

Amen to that. If he's that all upset, fight fire with fire. Write another song. Maybe call it part 2 like Metallica lamely did. It might just work. :)