IGNORED

Cloak & Dagger Rarity?

Tempest

How rare are Cloak & Dagger machines? I know they're fairly uncommon because they were a conversion kit for much more popular games (Robotron, Defender, etc.), but I've been having absolutely no luck tracking one down. Besides my DECO Cassette system, C&D is the only arcade game I've ever wanted to own (my consolized Neo Geo MVS doesn't count).

Does anyone know of someone with a C&D machine for sale or where I might look other than ebay? I've got a marquee, two sets of boards (one with Agent X silkscreened on it and one with C&D), and an operators manual, but sadly no machine...

Tempest

How rare are Cloak & Dagger machines? I know they're fairly uncommon because they were a conversion kit for much more popular games (Robotron, Defender, etc.), but I've been having absolutely no luck tracking one down. Besides my DECO Cassette system, C&D is the only arcade game I've ever wanted to own (my consolized Neo Geo MVS doesn't count).

Does anyone know of someone with a C&D machine for sale or where I might look other than ebay? I've got a marquee, two sets of boards (one with Agent X silkscreened on it and one with C&D), and an operators manual, but sadly no machine...

Tempest

Rumor has it there were a dozen dedicated machines if that's what you are looking for, there have been a couple mentioned over the years. Supposedly the conversions are not rare but I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

Tempest

Rumor has it there were a dozen dedicated machines if that's what you are looking for, there have been a couple mentioned over the years. Supposedly the conversions are not rare but I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

Oh I've given up on ever finding a dedicated machine, they're just too expensive. Although I've always wondered if you could make a DIY dedicated cabinet since all they did was use a Crystal Castles cab.

Yes I'm looking for a conversion. Although I wouldn't say no to a dedicated cab... :)

Tempest

The programmer told me they made 20 dedicated machines. I've had two of them and know the whereabouts of 3-4 more (sorta).

There's currently a project underway to repro the art from the dedicated cabs. I've been helping with this project by providing pictures and measurements from my dedicated cab:

http://www.thisoldgame.com/Projects/AgentX.htm

Additionally, some of the original artwork films for this game from Atari have been provided for this project by Scott Evans of AtariGames.com.

Edited by djpubba

The programmer told me they made 20 dedicated machines. I've had two of them and know the whereabouts of 3-4 more (sorta).

There's currently a project underway to repro the art from the dedicated cabs. I've been helping with this project by providing pictures and measurements from my dedicated cab:

http://www.thisoldgame.com/Projects/AgentX.htm

Additionally, some of the original artwork films for this game from Atari have been provided for this project by Scott Evans of AtariGames.com.

Since there's probably no way I'll ever be able to afford a real dedicated cab, getting a conversion kit, some artwork, and a Crystal Castles cab might be the way to go.

Of course I STILL need to get a hold of a conversion...

Tempest

• 4 months later...

5200 port of the Arcade Cloak & Dagger

I filmed this at CGE of Dave talking about Cloak and Dagger 5200. Never heard from him again. Anyone know the status of the project? Great label on the thread. When the game comes out, It MUST have the label or it would kill the illusion, knowhutimean?

Also, it would be worth extra money, although not as necessary, to have an extra chip with an easter egg video of the secret plane plans. It would complete the thing, though. And last thought, to get one copy to Henry Thomas! He'd get a kick out of that!

Wargames the 25th anniversary was on recently at major theatres. nice! Similar to Cloak and Dagger, but the only game I know of is the colecovision and I think C-64 for Wargames.

Its a conversion in (I think) a Defender cabinet... I was up there with Mike Stulir when the paint and t-molding had just been finished and the control panel and motherboard were being installed that weekend.

I saw pictures of it when it was completed, it came out really nice.

Curt

I thought I had responded to this thread but I guess I didn't.

There's a Cloak and Dagger cabinet at Fun Spot up in NH. I don't know if it's an original or a conversion but I'll bet somebody else knows.

http://www.robohara.com/albums/funspot/target12.html

Edited by Curt Vendel

Tempest

Oh I've given up on ever finding a dedicated machine, they're just too expensive. Although I've always wondered if you could make a DIY dedicated cabinet since all they did was use a Crystal Castles cab.

Yes I'm looking for a conversion. Although I wouldn't say no to a dedicated cab... :)

Tempest

Hi guys,

How much does a 100% official Atari Cloak & Daggar machine worth these days?

Anthony....

Hi guys,

How much does a 100% official Atari Cloak & Daggar machine worth these days?

Anthony....

I don't really know since it's been awhile since I've seen one for sale. I lost out on one on ebay a few years ago that was in so-so shape. I think it went for $600 or so.

Tempest

• 3 months later...