IGNORED

Had a guy try to sell me a "hot" 360 the other day

Thought this was kind of funny. I was at Gamestop a few days ago and as I was walking up to the door a "thug" looking dude runs up to me with a large duffel bag and says "I gots the 360's" well my curiosity "gots :D " the best of me and instead of saying my usually "no thanks" I replied with "how much?" This is the funny part...this dude wanted to sell me a basic core system, no box, no manual, no games, what looked like a corded controller and I wasn't even sure if I saw all the hook ups even for $250!! I only saw inside the bag for a quick second so I could be wrong but still, a core system for $250, come on. I really could have sat there all day telling him many reasons why that was a bad deal but I just gave a little chuckle, shook my head and walked in the store. I then saw him open the bag for several more people over the next 20 minutes or so all declining his offer. If we were talking $100 or less then maybe I would have took the gamble but seems the older I get I don't really like buying stuff that I have a suspicion (or just flat out know) is stolen. It's just bad karma and besides, who do you complain to when the thing breaks in a week? Plus I hate supporting crime, I don't like when people steal from me. I guess there is always the chance it was legit and he was just trying to get more then what Gamestop was paying but I doubt it, anyways, just thought that was a funny story. Anything similar ever happen to any of you?

Hard to say, He might have taken it into the GameStop and gotten offered $80 for it and wanted more.

It's suspicious when a guy in a van pulls up to you in the parking lot and asks if you want to buy *insert product*

Not so much so a guy trying to hock a game system outside a GameStop.

If you knew what lousy deals they make you on used stuff, you'd understand. A friend of mine went to sell his PS2 and about 40 games so he could get a PSP. He wound up not selling them most of the stuff.

He didn't like the sound of letting the games go for .50 a game!!

Edited by moycon

I had a run in with a local shop, this was just before the next gen systems(360 and whatnot) were just hitting the shelves I had a PS2 with 2 controllers, the keyboard and 2 modems i was offered $25 for the lot :x it took a long time and a management change before i set foot in that place again.

Yep, I've bought tons of various electronics from crackheads in the past when I was a teen. I had cash and they have an addiction. As long as I paid for the stuff my conscience was clean. Now that I'm a little older and a family man, I don't have the same veiws anymore but if a hell of a deal that was a little warm to the touch came my way...

Hard to say, He might have taken it into the GameStop and gotten offered $80 for it and wanted more.

It's suspicious when a guy in a van pulls up to you in the parking lot and asks if you want to buy *insert product*

Not so much so a guy trying to hock a game system outside a GameStop.

If you knew what lousy deals they make you on used stuff, you'd understand. A friend of mine went to sell his PS2 and about 40 games so he could get a PSP. He wound up not selling them most of the stuff.

He didn't like the sound of letting the games go for .50 a game!!

I know once I was in one of those places not near where I live. I mom came in with a Dreamcast and like 20 games. The guy offered her like 20 dollars for all of it. She was ticked but was just about to when I said I would give her35 for it all. She took it and I was happy. the guy on the other hand was very pissed. too bad, he could have offered her more. I loved when he told me to get out and the lady yelled at him. I probably would not do that at a store I frequent, but I figured what the hell.