IGNORED

'incoming!' v1.0

Ben_Larson

As simple as the game is, I think, in all honesty, probably half the development time was just fixing bugs or rewriting things. It can sometimes start to feel more like work than fun when you get bogged down in all that, which is probably one reason I lost interest in Atari 2600 programming for so long... :|

I think the game turned out great! I've been playing it a lot this week. I'm glad you decided to finish it. :thumbsup:

And yes, I'm a big scorched earth fan too. It started with scorched earth then lead to the Worms series.

Early on I actually considered doing a game with weapons like Scorched Earth, but I more or less dropped that idea once I realized how hard it was going to be just to do anything starting as a complete noob. :)

As simple as the game is, I think, in all honesty, probably half the development time was just fixing bugs or rewriting things. It can sometimes start to feel more like work than fun when you get bogged down in all that, which is probably one reason I lost interest in Atari 2600 programming for so long... :|

Ben

You should be proud of the work you did. It really is an excellent game and I'll be buying a cart for sure. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea when this game will be ready to ship? I've always liked these types of games and I just love buying new Atari games.

Also...do the play turns alternate, or is there a reload time for each player? I always found it more fun to not wait, just to blast at each other until one guy bites it! How is the play for this one set up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Update bump? :cool:

Al is waiting for me to write the text of the manual. :D

I was supposed to do it last weekend but I got wrapped up in a bunch of stuff, then I conveniently came down with some kind of stomach/intestinal illness.

After I write it then the layout needs to be done. Then it should be ready to go...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my INCOMING! cart today. It's a great calculating game, most I like the changing of the wind after every shot. This makes it a lot more difficult to win. With the landscape variations this is a great game for two players. If you play alone: The computer opponent is a really good calculating guy, it's not easy to beat this dude. :twisted:

Great work, Ben! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

....Holger

I might be biased but I agree with Holger. :) I got mine as well in the mail (thanks Al) and immediately challenged my wife. Of course I won - that would have been pretty sad if I lost my own game to someone who's never played it. :)

FYI for everyone thinking of buying a cartridge, there is a minor bug I just discovered the other day. Nothing that affects gameplay - it's just that I forgot to initialize the hardware timer on startup, so there's like a .2 second startup lag where the screen displays the infamous vertical bars of doom. Hopefully Al doesn't kill me over this... :ponder: :)

Edited by Ben_Larson

• 1 month later...
The store is closed? Why do you think so? :?

Oh nevermind, I though there was no link to the store on the main page. In that case I don't know what the situation is.

Hi! This is my first time posting, and I apologize if this us a stupid question, but how exactly does one get to the atariage store? Every link I've clicked on takes me to an "Error 404" or "page not found" screen. Is the AtariAge store defunct, or am I just missing something? I would really like to purchase a few of the items I've read about here (especially the 5200 version of Adventure II) but I can't seem to find a link or a way to get to the AtariAge store. I've been there once before, so I can only assume that there's some kind of a glitch in the system. Please help!

Respectfully,

Valerie Christine

• 9 years later...

We'll be featuring Incoming! on Wednesday's ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: http://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Spaceman Splorf (Premiere) by Pond Software / Andreas Gustafsson & Vanja Utne aka Sdw & Mermaid
- Spies in the Night 2 (WIP Update) by Jared Gray West aka graywest
- Lunokhod 1 (WIP) by trent
- Incoming! by Ben Larson aka Ben_Larson

UPDATE: Link to YouTube Archive of show!

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1