IGNORED

Best Wii Gun?

moycon

In people opinion, what is the best gun to use for games like HOTD?

I've tried a Wii gun in the past but it wasn't very good. It was more like a cheap shell.

I thought I remember folks saying the first party ones weren't any better, Is this true? Is a gun shell even needed for HOTD?

not having a wii, everything I say should be researched again, but I was browsing dealextreme and stumbled across this. Reviews look pretty good, and it seems like its only weak spot is that the cord's outside the gun--which isn't a weak spot at all if you're into detaching the wiimote.

really it's the shape and laser sight that are attracting me.

not having a wii, everything I say should be researched again, but I was browsing dealextreme and stumbled across this. Reviews look pretty good, and it seems like its only weak spot is that the cord's outside the gun--which isn't a weak spot at all if you're into detaching the wiimote.

really it's the shape and laser sight that are attracting me.

I got that one, but without the laser sight, it's ok, but I think I am going to try this one next

Thats exactly the one I've been eyeballing. Anyone else try the Perfect Shot?

I just got the Perfect Shot and am VERY impressed with it!

I have been looking for the unit for quite some time now and couldn't find one anyplace. Amazon doesn't appear to carry it any more; EB/GS doesn't have it listed on its website, and every time I looked in a store that carried games (Target, Walmart, etc) I never found one. Then quite by chance I stumbled upon a new chain of gaming stores that opened in my area called Play & Trade. I went inside to check it out and what do you know.... one Perfect Shot available for sale at $15!! I bought it immediately and spoke with the clerk as he rung me up and according to him, the Perfect Shot had a very limited production run, is extremely hard to find, and he has no idea if Nyko will produce any more or when.

The PS is 1000% better, IMO, than the Zapper as it actually feels like you are using a true light gun. I tried the gun with Links Crossbow and it improved my accuracy (and enjoyment of the game) immensely. Then I tried with with HoTD (which I had just received from GameFly... very fortunate) and it made me feel like I was once again playing the game on my Dreamcast using my original Sega lightgun. The PS has a little weight to it once the Wiimote is inserted but in the 45min I played around with it, I had no problems using the PS at all.

The only negative I can think of mentioning is that the unit is made by Nyko. With a history of questionable quality of the products produced by 3rd party companies like Nyko, Mad Katz, etc, I have to wonder about the durability of the PS over a long period of time... example: will the trigger continue to function 3 months from now??

For now, I highly recommend trying out the PS (if you can find one) as it really improved my enjoyment of light gun style games on the Wii.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon