IGNORED

My $10 Craigslist find...

joplinatari

Mid 80's Sony KV1311CR 13" TV / Monitor combo. Has a handy front panel mounted RCA RF / AV jack for the Atari stuff... plus composite and RGA analog / digital jacks on the side. It will handle just about any old video source thrown at it. Video output is awesome... probably the best I've ever seen from Atari 8-Bit stuff.

Steve P.

SonyKV1311CR.jpg

Mid 80's Sony KV1311CR 13" TV / Monitor combo. Has a handy front panel mounted RCA RF / AV jack for the Atari stuff... plus composite and RGA analog / digital jacks on the side. It will handle just about any old video source thrown at it. Video output is awesome... probably the best I've ever seen from Atari 8-Bit stuff.

Steve P.

SonyKV1311CR.jpg

thats pretty sweet. especialy for 10 bucks

Nice! That tops my Commodore 1702 for $10. Although, I did get a 20" Sony TV for free that has a tuner the cuts in and out. I mostly use the composite.

I suspect we may see more of this as people unload their older monitors for HD hardware.

Edited by Almost Rice

Nice! That tops my Commodore 1702 for $10. Although, I did get a 20" Sony TV for free that has a tuner the cuts in and out. I mostly use the composite.

I suspect we may see more of this as people unload their older monitors for HD hardware.

I bought a 1702 for $5 last weekend at a community yard sale. I have also been seeing alot of older tv sets recently. I would have thought these really old sets would have found their way to county dumps or thrifts long before now. Older console tvs and smaller sets that are not the cable friendly ones, but the ones with the duel knobs for VHF/UHF. I've found a few 1702 previously, but I could not resist this one last weekend when I saw it. I'm not sure how the new digital era of tv figures into all of it. I think as long as you are a cable subscriber the cable boxes will convert to analog for you if you are still using an older set. At least that's what they are offering down here. Flatscreens are great though, I wish I hadn't of bought my huge Sony trinitron CRT, way too heavy to move around. HDs started coming out about a year after I bought my set, and now flatscreens are available for less money too.

I really like the tv/monitor combo part of this unit above, was that a common feature or a rarity? I've never seen a combo unit like that before. Nice find Steve!

I've got one of those - those are more aimed at broadcast TV & industrial uses. hence the RF + plenty of great inputs. That big multi pin olive colored socket is for 3/4" video decks. I use mine with the Amiga, but it's a great classic gaming unit as well. Gorgeous tube in there for nice tight precise displays. Congrats!