IGNORED

New prototype found for Cabbage Patch

VonGuard

Ok I've finished my page. I may have missed something since it's quite difficult to review ten different revisions of the same game in such a short time. If you see something I missed, please let me know.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/cpk/cpk.htm

Fascinating. It's quite rare to get such a thorough glimpse of a game through its development cycle.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Ok I've finished my page. I may have missed something since it's quite difficult to review ten different revisions of the same game in such a short time. If you see something I missed, please let me know.

You need to change the date on the news page. It says April 1st for Cabbage Patch Kids.

So that thing is a spitting campfire? I thought it was a plant, lol.

You need to change the date on the news page. It says April 1st for Cabbage Patch Kids.

So that thing is a spitting campfire? I thought it was a plant, lol.

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out.

I *guess* it's campfire. Your guess is as good as mine though.

Tempest

Anyhow I couldn't do anything with Sword and the Sorcerer. Damn did that demo ever look cool though!

Okay the latest Sword and the Sorcerer file runs but isn't this just a rolling demo - it doesn't seem to accept any inputs.

Also, how does one get past the broken Dragon 80 select screen?

Edited by Ikrananka

Von... On your bllog, as regards Dragon 80 goes, you said...

UPDATE: Dragon-80 is, in fact, Dragonslayer for Colecovision. Zylon at QT3 found a movie of the Adam version.

Im not sure if Dragonslayer is the overseas title for the game, but it is clearly Dragon's Lair for the ADAM in the US

Edited by Inky

Okay the latest Sword and the Sorcerer file runs but isn't this just a rolling demo - it doesn't seem to accept any inputs.

Also, how does one get past the broken Dragon 80 select screen?

Sword and the Sorceror: Most likely a demo...I'd be very surprised if it's anything playable.

Dragon 80: I don't know, but "Dragon 80" is simply a beta of the ADAM version of Dragon's Lair on cartridge.

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a version of Dragon's Lair on cart? I could have sworn I saw a pic of a CV Dragon's lair cart somewhere.

Found this at http://www.pixelpower.on.ca/dl/details.asp?id=18

There was talk of a Colecovision cartridge version of this game (since it runs on the basic Colecovision hardware) but it was not possible to fit all of the elements into the constraints of a cartridge. You can well imagine how much space it would take to implement all of the audio and graphics from the original--basically it was impossible at the time.

KNowing this, Id be interested to find out how many screens are on this version. The ADAM had 9

Edited by Inky

Dragon 80: I don't know, but "Dragon 80" is simply a beta of the ADAM version of Dragon's Lair on cartridge.

We're sure it's the ADAM version and not a Colecovision conversion, right?

It has to be a conversion of some kind (and incomplete).

Man do I love this hobby! Very nice find! Who'd of thought I would be impressed with a Cabbage Patch Kids game. Wow!

Sword and Sorcere screen shot is just amazing. Never thought that one would surface!

On a side note, the Dragon's Lair screen shot posted is very interesting- who is the dude standing on the platform waiting for Dirk? I don't recall him in the Adam version. Looks like a werewolf! Lizard King maybe? A very tall Giddy Goon? Perhaps the Giant Bat from the arcade version?

Not sure- I can't get this one to work on my Adam emulator...

Regardless, great job and thanks for putting the roms out there! :D

Was Sword and the Sorceror supposed to be based on the movie?

On a side note, the Dragon's Lair screen shot posted is very interesting- who is the dude standing on the platform waiting for Dirk?

What screen shot are you refering to?

Edited by moycon

On a side note, the Dragon's Lair screen shot posted is very interesting- who is the dude standing on the platform waiting for Dirk? I don't recall him in the Adam version. Looks like a werewolf! Lizard King maybe? A very tall Giddy Goon? Perhaps the Giant Bat from the arcade version?

There's a cloud that tries to blow you off the platform on the ADAM version.

But Ive never seen that thing. Must be unique to the proto.

Edited by Inky