IGNORED

New prototype found for Cabbage Patch

VonGuard

Hmm - so as it works on Vcoleco I can only assume that Vcoleco's emulation is not 100%.

Weird? ... so why it's working in Vcoleco & not the real hardware? ... the real prototype was still working? I'm sure yes... so why my copy is not working then... only give me the menu & when I press 1 it reloop the option screen instead of starting the game like in Vcoleco... :?:

Goes to show it doesn't take 2 years of "nonsense" to get a piece of 2600 history dumped, like in the case Turbo

Having the owner go through the effort of having the game finished is nonsense now? :roll:

Just curious but did the owner ever formally announce this?

Allan

Edited by Allan

Hmm - so as it works on Vcoleco I can only assume that Vcoleco's emulation is not 100%.

Weird? ... so why it's working in Vcoleco & not the real hardware? ... the real prototype was still working? I'm sure yes... so why my copy is not working then... only give me the menu & when I press 1 it reloop the option screen instead of starting the game like in Vcoleco... :?:

I don't know man. I am able to play it now in VColeco thanks to your help. :)

On real hardware it doesn't work. :(

Goes to show it doesn't take 2 years of "nonsense" to get a piece of 2600 history dumped, like in the case Turbo

Having the owner go through the effort of having the game finished is nonsense now? :roll:

Just curious but did the owner ever formally announce this?

Allan

Yes has this ever been announced? In the Turbo thread , the only post I saw which referenced the game being finished was someone who merely speculated that was the delay.

Edited by JL

Thanks VonGuard for making this available to everyone.

:idea: After level 30 or so, the game just repeats the screens.

Yes, after level 30 it rolls back to level 11. At least if I understand the code.

$076c INC $d6   ; Increase Scene Level
$076e LDA $d6   ; 
$0770 CMP #$1f  ; Is it on Scene 31,
$0772 BNE $0778 ; If not, skip the following
$0774 LDA #$0b  ;
$0076 STA $d6   ; Go back to Scene 11

Thanks VonGuard for making this available to everyone.

:idea: After level 30 or so, the game just repeats the screens.

Yes, after level 30 it rolls back to level 11. At least if I understand the code.

$076c INC $d6   ; Increase Scene Level
$076e LDA $d6   ; 
$0770 CMP #$1f  ; Is it on Scene 31,
$0772 BNE $0778 ; If not, skip the following
$0774 LDA #$0b  ;
$0076 STA $d6   ; Go back to Scene 11

I assume from your post in the CPK 2600 thread you have disasembled CPK? Care to share the ASM ? I suck at making 8k disasemblies cause I don't know how to wipe the garbage code nor make proper CFG's when spliting it into 4k chunks.

Shawn

Shawn,

This is basically the same message as my reply to your PM. Since you asked me here too, I thought I'd post it publicly.

I assume from your post in the CPK 2600 thread you have disasembled CPK? Care to share the ASM ?

Sorry, but I didn't disassemble CPK. I was using Stella to try and figure out how the RAM was used. I used the debugger's "trapwrite" command to find where in the code a few things were changed and typed some of it into Notepad. I've attached the file I made, but it isn't what you were hoping for.

By the way, I changed the ROM addresses. For example from $f76c to $076c. I probably should have left it the way it was in Stella, but I'm kind of new at this.

If the file is confusing, let me know and I'll try to explain it. Sorry if I use the wrong terms for things. I don't have much experience with this.

Cabbage_Patch_Kids_Adventures_in_the_Park_RAM.txt

Shawn I'm sure you figured out by now that it reasessmbles with the inifinite lives intact. There was also one other byte changed, but I didn't track down what Thomas was doing.

file 1: cbpark9-atari-9-13.bin
file 2: Cabbage Patch Kids (reassembled).bin

file 1   file 2
0132	D6		B5
145F	0C		09

BTW I appreciate your hard work too Thomas. I have a difficult enough time trying to make good .cfg files on 2k and 4k games let alone bankswitched games. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey everyone! I so love coming back and reading this thread. Ya'll are awesome when consumed with the difficult task of recovering and analyzing digital history!

There were all sorts os schemes and plans floating around when I found these, and it would seem that most people who had ideas for the stuff I found have gone on to do them. Which is radical ninja. I never expected monetary remuneration for my find. It was the single most thrilling find of my life, and that has been plenty for me.

Again, thank you all for the forensics. I love to see how everyone has worked to dissect every aspect of it for the betterment of us all.

Anyway, I have begun to auction off some of these EPROMs on Game Gavel, in case anyone was interested in owning some of the duplicates. I will not be auctioning any of the Cabbage Patch Kids EPROMs, however, nor any of the other uniques. I might be convinced to sell Jigsaw, however. Consider it pimping, but I thought the people who were into this thread would want to know.

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000225267

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000225327

Not sure where you are but if you're in the EEC I can dump them for you at no cost of course.

If you're in the US and don't wanna risk a shipment there're a few guys around who can do that for you.

He already dumped them. Read the whole thread.

Allan

• 3 months later...

Up : Any chance to have a PAL version ? It would be so nice to try this game (i love it with Stella) on an Harmony card !

Thx ! :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/159106-cabbage-patch-kids-pal-conversion/

Enjoy :)

Hey Rick,

Did you convert that??? If so, that was VERY NICE of you to do that. Go PAL..... ;)

- Wonder007

Up : Any chance to have a PAL version ? It would be so nice to try this game (i love it with Stella) on an Harmony card !

Thx ! :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/159106-cabbage-patch-kids-pal-conversion/

Enjoy :)

Hey Rick,

Did you convert that??? If so, that was VERY NICE of you to do that. Go PAL..... ;)

- Wonder007

I did :) Glad you liked it!