IGNORED

Better late than never

Sargon

Double the price to what Songbird sells for, then you make more, the fans are satisfied, and if you keep them available the price remains in your control. Period.

The very thought of having to do this makes my stomach turn, but not at much as

watching some douche nugget turn a work of love into his profit bitch. So, with that

it is essentially what I will have to do. I think I may just make it a contract deal.

You want our games...you sign a legal document saying that you will only sell it

on either JSII or AA and at the original price plus any other costs such as shipping

and handling(within reason and no BS excuse why you need another $415 dollars

to cover shipping and handling.) that would ensure at very least Jag fans ALWAYS

being the first to have a shot at it and not ever spending more than 20 over the

original price.

To me a collector is someone who LOVES the items he collects. HE should not be raped

in his you know what just to have to afford it. Collection is about fandom....its a real

shame it has become about pimpdom. There is a girl on JSII who goes by the name

MetaFox. She actually buys collectibles and even if it is not something SHE would collect,

...she gives....yes gives them to collectors free of charge...why? She gets what collecting

is and is clearly a generous soul. God Bless her!

I am not advocating anything or anyone or simpathising with anyone, I'm strictly laying out the the way it is and why, and you ALL would/do know all of this already if you just think it through logically. It's the way the market works.

Obviously but you would think that when you click on the buy button, you already agreed to not

do that....so much for honor.

:roll:

and I did try to trade for much more at the time (originally I just wanted the CD unit, but got greedy for a while, then changed my mind)

And was the exact reason why I got upset about it. Not because you were selling it so much

but the greed of trying to take another Jag fan for a SSFU ride. Im glad you turned around

on that one.

You know, the least some of these profit whores could do is send me back the $34.95.

After all it was I and two others that slaved over that and went through utter hell with

Midway and a few jerkoffs around here(and you know who you are)...the least I think

for a 415 dollar profit is you could send us back the original price of the game!

• 4 weeks later...

Gorf I understand your point but, you are wrong about a collector. A collector in most cases is collecting for monatary value trying to have the most pieces of the pie wether it be comics wanting everyone of a 300 issue title, or all the Jag games made. The more they have the closer they are to the end. Sometimes you do buy extra copies of comics games etc. to bargain for more $$ to further your collection or you settle for money because that is your altimate goal.

In the scheme of things I doubt midway cares to much about $300 copies of Jag, Sega CD, Sega Genesis, etc. games. The only reason they have told(probably suggested lawyers would be involved)was because they have to protect their copyright, if they do not attempt to protect it at all times then it becomes almost null and void in the court systems. If persay the game Orf came out with a few character changes and a new screen and sold 100 or so copies (for a dead system) would it be worth Midway investing a case against you (my guess is no) If it was for a current system or PC (I would guess yes)

It's late I think my point is the only reason I re-started collecting Atari Jaguar was because it brought back memories of the past and the games were holding steady retaining and increasing in value. I waiste enouth $$ on food/shelter if their is a way to have a hobby that I can make $$ then I am happy.

Like I said, more than anything, I do this for the love of the game and the love of coding

something and watching it take shape in to something others will enjoy. I have NO love for

the 'collector'(which I disagree with your assesment of) who is in it for profit. That to

me is NOT a collector but an investor. A collector buys what he buys because he loves

it and can't get enough of it. Buddies for instance.

Gorf I understand your point but, you are wrong about a collector. A collector in most cases is collecting for monatary value trying to have the most pieces of the pie wether it be comics wanting everyone of a 300 issue title, or all the Jag games made. The more they have the closer they are to the end. Sometimes you do buy extra copies of comics games etc. to bargain for more $$ to further your collection or you settle for money because that is your altimate goal.

In the scheme of things I doubt midway cares to much about $300 copies of Jag, Sega CD, Sega Genesis, etc. games. The only reason they have told(probably suggested lawyers would be involved)was because they have to protect their copyright, if they do not attempt to protect it at all times then it becomes almost null and void in the court systems. If persay the game Orf came out with a few character changes and a new screen and sold 100 or so copies (for a dead system) would it be worth Midway investing a case against you (my guess is no) If it was for a current system or PC (I would guess yes)

It's late I think my point is the only reason I re-started collecting Atari Jaguar was because it brought back memories of the past and the games were holding steady retaining and increasing in value. I waiste enouth $$ on food/shelter if their is a way to have a hobby that I can make $$ then I am happy.

I can understand it from all the different angles. I think it depends on the person, but for me, I clearly buy them first off because I like Atari (and other game systems). I hope / pray for the day when I'll actually have time to sit down and just play them all... but at the same time, I like knowing that I have the original hardware, in the original boxes (to some extent). I understand that in some cases I can expect a decent monetary return... but when it comes to investing, I would consider video games a very small portion of my portfolio. Maybe... in 35 years when I retire, I can sell my nearly mint Missile Command Arcade machine for a decent amount... but right now, it's the nostalgia of just owning it.

Same goes with cars... many of the cars I own, most people would consider pretty cool. But no single one of them has any real substantial value. The VW Bus, my 81 Trans Am, the Porsche... they're all probably worth no more than $5,000 each. Of course I paid much less than that, but I didn't do so with the intent to make a profit or return on them. I suppose some people do that, but they deal more with things like Ferraris. Just like with Atari... my VW Bus might be like Big Bird's Egg Catch, but the people doing it for money are hoarding prototypes (more on par with like a vintage Ferrari 275 GTB).

I relate everything to cars, I think it's how my brain works, but I hope you guys understand my analogy. In any case though... I definitely consider myself a collector, again, I don't own anything like a prototype Atari 7800, or a Jaguar VR helmet, but I like to get as much as I can. If when I'm $65, someone offers to trade exorbant amounts of money for them, then maybe I'll sell... but until now, it's nice just knowing that I can go into the closet and pick out a system and play it. Maybe that's some sort of psychological disorder that hasn't been given a name yet! hahah...

I feel a colector is buying based on what he/she likes w/ a hope of a return on investment based on similar colectors. The happy feeling you get when you have the best or greated collection of an obscure video game system gives you joy.

Myself I would never invest in video games unless it was short term. Think if a game is popular even later in its life all that has to happen is they start making it again...unless it comes to Tengen Tetris for NES, lawsuits kept it from making more than a couple thousand before the law shut them down. It was at one time worth over $120 or so....but less people are buying for the original NES so the price has went down. (Supply and Demand). I would give another year or so fewer people come to this board....and most have moved on to other intrest.

My guess is that we have almost hit the end of cart based games w/Nintendo making both their portable and home system download games for a fee people will get use to it and I wouldn't be surprised if Wii 2.0 had a cart slot only to store memory and all games were purchase as downloads.

Nearly the same for me, My friend had a jaguar back in the day and I allways thought it was great. I decided the day I saw some guy in a game store showing off the new AvP that I wanted one, but my family got a N64 and I was poor (high school) so couldn't buy one. Wish I would have known. Finally got a Jag about 2 years ago and have been hunting for games ever since. I've managed to get quite a few games, but would love to get some more. So many games are expensive though. I have a copy of Towers II, but that's it for the harder to get stuff. Ebay prices are insane! But thankfully there are enough carts out there to pick up some of the better titles cheap. You won't regret the purchase, I love my jaguar!

Like I said, more than anything, I do this for the love of the game and the love of coding

something and watching it take shape in to something others will enjoy. I have NO love for

the 'collector'(which I disagree with your assesment of) who is in it for profit. That to

me is NOT a collector but an investor. A collector buys what he buys because he loves

it and can't get enough of it. Buddies for instance.

There is more than one kind of collector(those refered too as "collectors" in the real world that is), there are those who do it for the love, and those for the money, I'm the first type, and if it weren't for dire-straights at times I would still own my collection that was quite large at one time. I sold off everything I could BUT Jaguar stuff, even, before I decided to sell off my Jag stuff. But, I can't deny that I was VERY happy, at the time I needed to sell, that the profiteers in the market drove the prices up, as it saved my ass BIG TIME, when I was able to sell, for example, Battlesphere for a few hundred dollars. It kept me, at the time, from getting evicted from my home. But I never sold anything for just the sake of making a profit, I sold becuase I was forced into it financially, and was lucky to have made a profit to pay the bills. But now, that I'm trying to re-collect for my Jaguar, I can't afford the rare stuff. It's a double-sided coin. If I could have afforded to at the time, I'd have sold my stuff to other collectors for cost, but then, if I could have afforded too, I'd never have sold in the first place, so that's that.