IGNORED

Here are the 2600 game ending screenshots

ReyVGM

Heya guys, I finally started taking snapshots of Atari 2600 endings (with 5200 and 7800 to follow).

Using the search feature I found a lot of topics from people asking what games had definite endings.

Endings in the present day sense of some sort of animation or screen you wouldn't ordinarily get unless you completed your mission.

Maximizing your score, black screens or crashes, deaths or time outs don't count as endings in the present day sense.

Anyways, here's the link with all the Atari 2600 endings I have. I'm working on a lot more and I'll will post them as soon as I finish them. Some of those endings won't make sense if you don't play/see the actual game since there are a few endings that's just a repeat of the title screen, and some are just a character standing in an empty room.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/2600

That link is not yet open to the public, so ignore the top menu.

Think of it as getting the exclusive on it.

Edited by ReyVGM

Cool thanks.

I'll never understand why they showed the ending of Porkys when you turned on the game though.

Maybe they figured no one would finish it so rather than waste that great scene, they just went ahead and showed it to you right off.

but some of them have no definate ending (because you can continue to play to increase your score). ET and Smurfs:RIGC fall into this catagory.

Well, to me an ending is something the game has you working to achieve. A mission, a quest. So a game over screen doesn't count as one.

I know to you guys a game over screen or a game freeze/crash from maximizing your score counts as "an ending", and it does, in the sense that you "ended" the game; but it's not an "ending" in the sense that you get an animation/music/reward for completing whatever mission you were supposed to do, which is what I'm after.

And ET and Smurf:RIGC do have an ending, that animation you get when you complete your mission. It doesn't END the game since you can continue repeating the process, but it is an ENDING or conclusion to the story/mission/quest you set out to do.

I'll never understand why they showed the ending of Porkys when you turned on the game though.

Yeah, that pissed me off. Other games did something similar like that. Indiana Jones shows you the exact same opening animation, Solaris (friggin omg hard game) also shows you the same title screen but with little men on the field, James Bond also recycles the title screen (even with the stupid difficulty setting on the bottom) but with the score on top.

I've actually never beat Spikes Peak, Thanks for ruining the surprise

I didn't force you to click on the Spike's Peak link :P

Edited by ReyVGM