IGNORED

Grey Prototype Nolan Bushnell Signature Series Atari 7800 System on eBay

Metallimirk

Hi,

I recently acquired a Nolan Bushnell Signature Series Atari 7800 Prototype System, along with some other development gadgets and accessories. I am still going thru the lot, but if you are intrested in adding this rare piece to your Atari collection the link to the auction is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330233565355

Thanks and good luck!

The board has to be an old 7800 as the new boards never were designed or manufactured. There's a thread around that explains how these came to be.

Actually the new boards were designed and a handful were manufactured. I don't know if any were populated though.

Mitch

The board has to be an old 7800 as the new boards never were designed or manufactured. There's a thread around that explains how these came to be.

Actually the new boards were designed and a handful were manufactured. I don't know if any were populated though.

Mitch

I know at least one was fully populated, and it worked. I have a partially populated board that I will finish populating someday. :)

Edit: I have confirmed that only one board was completely populated, and 25 boards were produced in total.

..Al

All you need to do is look at the board! If it says Atari on it, it is not one of the 25 boards I made for this unit.

I actually only populated ONE board. The amazing thing is, it worked the FIRST time I turned the unit on. I could

not believe it. I have NO idea where that one board is. There are 24 more floating around, not sure if anyone

populated them. I did make a few changes on the board from the original, so I am not sure anyone else but

me would know the correct parts to populate the board with. For those of you interested, below is a link to a full

scan of an unpopulated board.

http://www.sunmarkinc.com/temp/7800_board.jpg

Thanks,

Mark

All you need to do is look at the board! If it says Atari on it, it is not one of the 25 boards I made for this unit.

I actually only populated ONE board. The amazing thing is, it worked the FIRST time I turned the unit on. I could

not believe it. I have NO idea where that one board is. There are 24 more floating around, not sure if anyone

populated them. I did make a few changes on the board from the original, so I am not sure anyone else but

me would know the correct parts to populate the board with. For those of you interested, below is a link to a full

Thanks,

Mark

So am i to assume that most likely winning bidder gets a custom case with a standard board in it?

No there is proto's, you seem to be ill informed.

Yeah I should've read the other thread first. :ponder: I thought they just made the shells, but I guess they did run a few PCB's and even poplulated one. I do believe that the board in this is most likely from a regular 7800 and not a new board though.

Thanks,

Mark

great article!!!

No there is proto's, you seem to be ill informed.

Hi Shawn

I own such a new proto board too,but only the empty board.

greetings Walter

I was tempted to bid (even at that price) but figured Mitch would come in for it... no need to push his costs up heh...

(well I ASSUME that he would still win anyhows... who knows?!)

Thanks for that. :)

Mitch

I guess the screw posts are sort of mentioned:

This system features the pro-production plastic housing that is only held together by front screws.

It would be hard to see that they are broken without disassembling the system.

The crack on the side seems a little hard to miss though and "Has a few scratches here and there" doesn't really cover it. :|

Mitch

This system features the pro-production plastic housing that is only held together by front screws.

The crack on the side seems a little hard to miss though and "Has a few scratches here and there" doesn't really cover it. :|

Mitch

Mitch you paid near a grand for that thing, dude was clearly being vauge to get top dollar for it.

Mitch

Mitch you paid near a grand for that thing, dude was clearly being vauge to get top dollar for it.

I agree. With an item like that pics should have been made of the blemishes. A crack is a pretty big deal

Edited by midnight8