Rhindle The Red

Do you carry credit card debt?

Do you carry credit card debt?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry credit card debt?

• Yes, quite a bit.
    • Yes, but only a relatively small amount.
    • Yes, but I pay it off regularly.
    • No, I pay off my card(s) every month.
    • No, I don't use any credit cards.

No credit cards anymore, everything is on a save and spend basis, excepting the house. Debit cards works for everything as long as you have a $500+ balance for car rentals and the like.

I've never had a credit card. It has been inconvenient at times-less so since the invention of the debit card. I guess it's unusual, but I've been utterly debt free since 1986. I paid off a three thousand dollar car loan.

Debit cards are nice, but I only use mine at "official" [my] bank-branded ATMs. That way, when some fraudster gets involved and screws the system, it's THE BANK'S MONEY, NOT MINE. Caveat: One must pay one's bills on time. Thankfully, I have a calendar.

I think I've used an ATM once in the last ten years. I just got used to cash or swiping the pre paid plastic at the register. Using the card is getting more expensive, though, in the transaction fees.

Got into real trouble when I was young, but learned my lesson, and have remained a 100% debt free adult for 40 years now.

I use a pre-paid "debit Visa" for shopping on line. Other than that, if I can't pay for it, I don't buy it (and my toy chest doesn't suffer....just takes a little longer to fill)

I use a credit card with cash-back rewards, but I do not pay it off monthly.. I pay it daily. :lol: (or at the very least, once a week)

In other words it essentially becomes a "debit card with hassle". e.g. I buy gas for $50, and something at the store for $25. That night when I'm at home I make a payment of $75.. so I am constantly paying. To me it just works better for the money to actually leave my bank account as it's used, rather than one lump sum at the end. Just saying. :P

Edited by NE146

I clear the slate each month. The interest percentage is just too high.

Quite a few cards only allow 26 days to get to it, instead of a full month.

It may sound boring, but the brochure that comes with it is pretty interesting. Lots of neat tidbits in there (both good and bad).