IGNORED

Juno First - Final Version (Atari 2600)

cd-w

Stella doesn't emulate the sound chip - only the high score saving.

I guess that would explain it then. Thanks.

Funny though cause with ParaJVE, the VecVoice-enhanced games have their synthesized speech and I was just expecting Stella to do it with AtariVox too.

Edited by Tangentg
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Something that has happened several times to me which frustrated me cause it seems to ruin an otherwise great game!

There are several times when my ship passes through the spaceman from the orb. I'm not sure if it's cause the ship is going to fast that the collision points of the ship and spaceman never met. Also, some homing bullets don't seem to hurt me when I'm at the edges of the screen but I'm not certain about that.

This video seems to demonstrate when the spaceman passes through the spaceship, at around 11:28, but I'm not sure if it's the same as my experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROUuDpLim0

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Here is a version of Juno First modified to work on the ATGames Atari Flashback Portable (FBP) device. The speech and savekey/highscore support have been removed as this will never work on the FBP. Please let me know if you find any issues.

To get it working, unzip the attachment and copy the "Juno1.bin" file into the "Game" folder on your SD card.

Chris

Juno1_FBP_Alpha_01.zip

Edited by cd-w
  • Like 10

This is a really fantastic port Chris! I don't know how I missed it up until now but thanks A LOT for the FBP conversion! It plays great on the portable and I'll have to add it to my CuttleCart2 soon to give it a try on real hardware.

The .bin file doesn't show up in the SD card menu.

Thge folder should be named "Game" (with a capital G), not Games as previously indicated above. Are you able to see other .bin files on the SD card?

Chris

Edited by cd-w

Wow. what a.. very good homebrew. any others worth checking out that are FB portable compatible?? (and anywhere I can donate to you for this work?)

Thanks - no donation necessary! Homebrew games tend to push the limits of the original hardware, so many will not work on the flashback as the emulator is quite basic. There is a very long thread discussing game compatibility here:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/258970-atari-flashback-portable-compatibility-list/?hl=%20flashback%20%20compatibility

Chris

Edited by cd-w

Try renaming it ALL CAPS, i.e: JUNO1.BIN

Chris

Yeah, I have set as Game. All of the other roms from that big download show up. I've even tried removing a couple of roms to see if that helps.

change it to Juno1.bin

Only the first letter can be capitalized, it will not recognize it if there are other letters capitalized after the first letter.

Edited by Arenafoot

Awesome... but is it my imagination or is there no extra life at 10,000 points on the flashback?

I rechecked my modifications and it should still give you an extra ship at 10,000 - let me know if you encounter the problem again and I'll dig deeper.

Chris

• 4 months later...