IGNORED

Juno First - Final Version (Atari 2600)

cd-w

Here is a version of Juno First modified to work on the ATGames Atari Flashback Portable (FBP) device. The speech and savekey/highscore support have been removed as this will never work on the FBP. Please let me know if you find any issues.

To get it working, unzip the attachment and copy the "Juno1.bin" file into the "Game" folder on your SD card.

Chris

attachicon.gifJuno1_FBP_Alpha_01.zip

Wonder if it's been considered to add the warp function (where you disappear and reappear) in the Portable version using the TV type button. That would be awesome.

cd-w would be the one to make this happen!

• 4 months later...

Hi cd-w, love the game! Tomorrow on ZeroPage Homebrew we'll be streaming Juno First LIVE on Twitch! Looking forward to finally playing it in a serious sit down.

We'll be playing game at 60fps on a RBG Modded Light-Sixer 2600 through a Framemeister! We've also hooked up the AtariVox+ for voice output into the mixer to get the full experience. icon_winking.gif

We'll be starting the stream at 2PM PT/5PM ET, hope to see you there!

Twitch LiveStream: http://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

post-37205-0-01692800-1528437982_thumb.png

Hi cd-w, love the game! Tomorrow on ZeroPage Homebrew we'll be streaming Juno First LIVE on Twitch! Looking forward to finally playing it in a serious sit down.

Thanks for reviewing my game! I didn't manage to catch it live, but watched through the whole thing today. It is nearly 10 years since I wrote Juno First, and the 2600 homebrew scene has come a long way since then, but it is very gratifying to see people still getting a lot of enjoyment from one of my creations. You get bonus points for hooking up the AtariVox - I don't think many people have actually heard the speech in the game!

I'm looking forward to watching more of your reviews.

Chris

Hi Chris, you're so welcome! Thanks so much for watching my playthrough of Juno First, what an accomplishment that game is and such a fantastic port of the arcade game!

I really love the speech in the game and definitely wanted to hook it up properly to showcase its inclusion in the game. I'm glad I was able to get it all piped in through the mixer so the voice was nice and clear while playing. I will definitely be revisiting Juno First in another stream as I had a blast playing it on the show. :-)

- James

Thanks for reviewing my game! I didn't manage to catch it live, but watched through the whole thing today. It is nearly 10 years since I wrote Juno First, and the 2600 homebrew scene has come a long way since then, but it is very gratifying to see people still getting a lot of enjoyment from one of my creations. You get bonus points for hooking up the AtariVox - I don't think many people have actually heard the speech in the game!

I'm looking forward to watching more of your reviews.

Chris

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...