IGNORED

MAD CATZ ARE FRIGGIN PIECES OF CRAP!

I've had a couple of MadCATZ joysticks (1 for GameCube, 1 for Dreamcast) and they worked ok, if kinda cludgy. Not sure how they "screw up a system" exactly.

I did have issues with a MADCATZ memory card on the Wii though. Worked fine on the CUBE but was really, really flaky on the Wii and I ended up replacing it with a Nintendo 4X card.

• 1 year later...

geez, my old posts were TERRIBLE! I never even told you guys what they did; after using them on my GC constantly, I guess it sensed that they were 3rd party unlicensed products, and it wouldn't get past the startup screen. plug in a normal GC controller, and viola! it worked fine quite the conundrum really, but with the exorcism of mad catz, my GC still serves me faithfully! :D

"MAD CATZ ARE FRIGGIN PIECES OF CRAP!"

A good friend of mine said these same exact words about 12 years ago when his Mad Catz Playstion 1 memory card simply stopped working. I remember him telling me he had over 70 hours put into Final Fantasy 7 on it and it was all gone in an instant. I remember he said that he actually contacted them and they offered to give him another card which he refused of course.

Since then we both have never bought anything from those bastards.

I've had good luck with MadCatz.

Their SF4 pads for the 360 and PS3 are still working fine for me after a good bit of use. Their Xbox 360 TE arcade stick also hasn't given me any troubles.

And I've been using two 1019 MadCatz GameCube memory cards purhased in a double pack since I bought the system after preordering Wind Waker, with no loss of saves yet after 7 years.

You just have to pay attention to reviews so you can avoid the junk. They release the occasional quality product.

Edited by Atariboy

I got a PS2 Madcats Memory card, and a PS2 controller, several GCN controllers, and Madcatz is the only controller I use on the 360 (I like the feel better than the standard 360 controller, oh, and having an inversion switch on the controller was awesome, why doesn't everybody do this? )

Anyhow, I've never had a complaint about Madcatz myself, granted, I don't tend to throw my controllers either. For the Cube, I do prefer the Pelican Accessories controller to the madcatz one though.

For the most part, the first party OEM controllers, cards, and other accessories are the best you can get, I get third party more for price than anything, just look at anybody's (insert part here) and look at Madcatz, or Pelican (or someone else) and just going firs to third party, sees an almost automatic price drop of like 50% (mad catz wired cost me $25, where the 360 official was $50)

i figured out that those are crap, my sister had a mini gamecube controller. after about 5 months, the thing worked only half the time. by month 6 or 7, the thing went berzerk! it did whatever it wanted. i played kirby airride with it, and it made kirby go everywhere that i didnt want. im never going to buy one ever again.

i figured out that those are crap, my sister had a mini gamecube controller. after about 5 months, the thing worked only half the time. by month 6 or 7, the thing went berzerk! it did whatever it wanted. i played kirby airride with it, and it made kirby go everywhere that i didnt want. im never going to buy one ever again.

we had the same one... :|

for what it's worth, I don't think i've ever had a problem with a mad catz product. I have a game cube controller, xbox wireless controller, and both work perfectly fine, granted I'm not throwing them at the ground, but still, seem solid to me.

EDIT: Warmachine, is that blaster the one that is green camo? If so, I have that as well, I just couldn't remember who made it.

Mine is snot green with black accents; i'm not sure if other color schemes exist.

It's comparable to a guncon 2.

4588.gif

You'd really call that "snot green"? Seriously, I have some wicked allergies, and I promise you, I've never secreted anything that color...

Every time I've been told, "Stay away from brand X controller", the opposite seems to be true. I was told to avoid High Frequency branded controllers for Sega Genesis, but have three of them and they all are great as far as I can tell. I have Mad Catz controllers for GC and Xbox, along with a racing wheel/pedals set for PS2. They all work great, Only thing, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, is the rubber grips sometimes come off the sides of their controllers. Nothing that a little contact cement won't fix.

Anger and video game controllers do not mix well...

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I've been told, "Stay away from brand X controller", the opposite seems to be true. I was told to avoid High Frequency branded controllers for Sega Genesis, but have three of them and they all are great as far as I can tell. I have Mad Catz controllers for GC and Xbox, along with a racing wheel/pedals set for PS2. They all work great, Only thing, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, is the rubber grips sometimes come off the sides of their controllers. Nothing that a little contact cement won't fix.

Anger and video game controllers do not mix well...

seems like third party stuff is mostly hit and miss, so I generally stay away from it. Also, we've since moved, and the people here are a lot nicer, its also a lot less stressful, so I guess I've calmed down as I haven't broken another controller since! :)