IGNORED

Worst Labels

pmpddytim

You're all wrong. BOMB have the worst labels, they're always tatty.

(Parker Bros.) They peel off easy and since it's one piece, once it's gone you have no clue what the game is.

Nonsense, it's Frogger. a label-less PB cart is always Frogger. I think as soon as the label falls off the ROM undergoes a mutation or something.

Nonsense, it's Frogger. a label-less PB cart is always Frogger. I think as soon as the label falls off the ROM undergoes a mutation or something.

Right! Every labelless-PB cart I've ever seen is a Frogger. That's what happened to all the Hulk protos... they're Froggers now! ("I'm chaaaaannngggiiiinnngggg!!!!")

Edited by Mirage1972

My vote would have to go to Parker Brothers too, because of the crappy glue. Of all the loose carts I come across, most of the "mystery carts" are PB titles because the labels have fallen off.

With the M-Network carts, even though the labels come off, I've found if you shine light off the area where the label used to be, if you angle it just right, you can see the imprint of the label title. I've got one at home and I'll try to get a pic of it to show. It's pretty cool as it saves you the trouble of buying a repeat title.

This trick works with Parker Brothers, too. I used it to determine correctly that the mystery Parker Cart was, in fact, Jedi Arena. The label was lying in a box alongside many, many carts. When I looked at the glue pattern on the cart's end, it matched the outline of the title on the loose label. Until then, I had no way of knowing if the Jedi Arena that label had come off of was still in the box.

I'd have passed it up as Frogger if I hadn't seen the label lying there. Now I'm going to start checking Parker AND M-Network (I don't collect INTV) carts like this every single time. Never know when the mystery cart happens to be Star Strike or Mr. Do!'s Castle.

• 6 months later...

Right! Every labelless-PB cart I've ever seen is a Frogger. That's what happened to all the Hulk protos... they're Froggers now! ("I'm chaaaaannngggiiiinnngggg!!!!")

You guys hit both nails with the same hammer! I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Parker Bros. is the worst I have ever seen for just giving up and turning nudist. I keep a glue stick on that shelf specifically for any PB carts I find in the wild. (I have three with no labels--you betcha! FROGGER!!)

Also, I have yet to find an Apollo with an end label :x

I see a lot of Parker Bros. votes. At least those can be glued back on (if you have the label in the first place). My vote goes to Activision for the notorious plaque. There's no going back with that stuff! I have a Decathlon I bought new in the late 80s/early 90s and it started showing its age a few years back :(.

I have to vote for Parker Brothers. I'd rather have a mottled label than no label at all. Parker Brother labels tend to either fall completely off (especially if it's Frogger) or come off at the corners and then get torn (arrgghh!). Panda would also be in my list of poor labels. If you're only going to put a label on the end, at least make it a high-quality label.

Out of everything I have Apollo games with good labels have been the hardest, especially end labels, even if they are there they are ready to drop. Zimag labels get all wrinkly real easy. For me at least decent Activision carts have not been too hard to find and the one Parker cart I have without a label is ....... Frogger! I agree Data Age and silver labels suck because of scratches, they really look like crap if you don't baby them. Also Epyx gets a big fail from me, those white labels crap out quick.

Anyways, my vote goes to Apollo.

I have to vote for Parker Brothers. I'd rather have a mottled label than no label at all. Parker Brother labels tend to either fall completely off (especially if it's Frogger) or come off at the corners and then get torn (arrgghh!). Panda would also be in my list of poor labels. If you're only going to put a label on the end, at least make it a high-quality label.

Speaking of pandas, label this:

post-4615-1228714799.jpg

We now return you to your normal thought processes, already in progress. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused :D

M-Network.

The cartridge shape is akward.

Were they really that lazy to have to use Intellivision cartridges? -.-

Such a pity though, because a few of their games are AWESOME. =P

Yup... it's all about cutting cost. I *HATE* their cartridge shape since they never seem to sit still no matter how I stack or store them. They do have some good titles though.

I'm voting for Zimag/Apollo carts myself. Activision may have plaque but at least they stay on most of the time.

Edited by tremoloman2006