IGNORED

Which is the better Pinball game for the 2600?

Ferret75

Midnight Magic vs. Video Pinball  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the two is better?

• Midnight Magic
    • Video Pinball
    • I'm not familiar with them.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Even though you don't have nearly as much control over the ball (given the location of your flippers), I think it's more fun because of all the neat action happening on the screen. =P

I'd say you have more control over the ball, since you can nudge it even when it's not near your flippers. MM is really lacking in that regard. Pinball just isn't pinball without nudging.

Even though you don't have nearly as much control over the ball (given the location of your flippers), I think it's more fun because of all the neat action happening on the screen. =P

I'd say you have more control over the ball, since you can nudge it even when it's not near your flippers. MM is really lacking in that regard. Pinball just isn't pinball without nudging.

Sure, nudging is something that MM lacks, but I wouldn't go as far as saying "it just isn't pinball". If you have loyalty to VP, or just think it's a better game, that's cool. Personally, I'm from the 2600 Jr. generation, so I'm probably a bit biased toward MM, but IMHO I think MM gives you a better overall pinball experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Midnight Magic is arguably a better game, but I voted Video Pinball because I just come back to it more. I have a soft spot for the oldies (well, they're all oldies, but you know what I mean).

I'm surprised Video Pinball has as so much support. I expected Midnight Magic to win by a landslide.

I'm surprised Video Pinball has as so much support. I expected Midnight Magic to win by a landslide.

Actually, I expected Video Pinball to win by a landslide. VP was released in Atari's heyday and is a much more common cart than MM. MM was release in 1986, I believe, when not so many people were playing Atari. Therefore, presumably more people grew up playing VP and have warm and fuzzy memories of it from their childhoods'.

Midnight Magic!!! I've never played Video Pinball, I wouldn't mind tracking it down... but I don't think it will beat Midnight Magic!

I may go track it down now and give it a shot on Stella.. hopefully I won't be editing this post afterwards :D

Edit: Just played Video Pinball... Midnight Magic still gets my vote!!!

Edited by Phoenix