IGNORED

Screenshots and Vids FromTempest Xtreem

Kjmann

Here are 3 videos

Level 8

Level 9

Level 16

Sorry For The low Quality The game is much smoother. But I lost frame rate due to the low quality of the movies. I had to try to make them small enough for the forum. =)

comments as always are welcome

What controllers are compatible with this game? Joysticks just didn't work for me with Livewire.

Don't worry about that. live wire is a pretty old game. Pete has done a bang up job on the controls. You won't even remember you're using a joystick when you get in to it.

Also for you Rybags: That would be a good idea. but unfortunately I don't have the hardware for it. =)

Edited by kjmann

Hi Guys

I do not want to tell anything,until i see a working bin.

This guys always show really great videos and screens,but nothing playable :(

greetings Walter

Hallo Walter!

You're right. Seeing screenshots and movies does not rely anything of the game.

But the coder seem to do a promising job. But, until we do not get a playable preview, this also could be an emulator captured video where the emulation runs faster than the real thing.

Emkay...sometimes you are really strange...first you are the one who mades "mockups" and proof in concepts like hell...but nearly never post any piece of code.... and defending A8 like hell compared to other machines... and now you have a game using the horsepower of A8 and written from scratch... and what happens? you are again kind of negativ? can't believe it... :D and that's only because you don't like Sal's msx? btw... did not Miker "RMTed" the T2000 msx?

Edited by Heaven/TQA

Emkay...sometimes you are really strange...first you are the one who mades "mockups" and proof in concepts like hell...but nearly never post any piece of code.... and defending A8 like hell compared to other machines... and now you have a game using the horsepower of A8 and written from scratch... and what happens? you are again kind of negativ? can't believe it... :D and that's only because you don't like Sal's msx? btw... did not Miker "RMTed" the T2000 msx?

As I wrote: I looks promising. So where is the negative part here?

And it is a fact, particular when it comes to C64 games, they mostly look good, but the playability is horrid (sneaking at Space Harrier, where the ATARI seem to have enough horsepower to have the same "feeling" as from the Arcade original)

You only can give a note to a game when you played it.

here are screen shots from the game in action

Videos In The Next Post

You're doing absolutely great job!

I was playing Tempest 2000 with rotary controller for hours this weekend and I can't wait seeing this awesome game on A8!

F.

'screenshots and videos from game in action'

Is this really already played by a human player?

Thats coool! I like that catchy Pokey conversion

of the Jaguar Tempest 2000 tune (from youtube vid).

Gameplay looks quite fast, too.

Are any 'between-level-transitions' planned?

I am really looking forward to this release!

Ok, To answer some questions......

1. I am the one playing the game in the videos. and the control is awesome.

2. The music was Done By me in 3 channels. (mikers version was a nice but different interpretation of the music and in stereo)

3. We are still not planning the release of a playable demo. but we are considering taking on a play testing staff.

4. yes, we are planning a thing to go in between levels. we're not sure HOW we are going to do it but, we will do it.

5. There is no ETA right now. we were hoping to have it completed by now buy some bug that were tough to find and the difficulty we are having implementing the digital sounds are making it take longer. we are really having a lot trouble with that.

---- In fact, any help we can get on the digitals sound routine would be great and I will give full screen credit for it. =)

Hope this answers your questions everyone. =)

Edited by kjmann

This looks really cool. I'd like to see a little more animation on the claw. As you probably know, it normally "crawls" from one segment to another (it's mid-point leans to one side or the other before it jumps).

This looks really cool. I'd like to see a little more animation on the claw. As you probably know, it normally "crawls" from one segment to another (it's mid-point leans to one side or the other before it jumps).

Yes it does behave that way. so you can tap the joy stick one way or the other so you can get precise movements and positioning. yet there is no delay in movement from side to side when you just moving around fast like in the videos i posted.

No there will not be any other controller option besides the joystick the controls are too smooth and fast to bother.

No there will not be any other controller option besides the joystick the controls are too smooth and fast to bother.

Damn, 2600 driving controller support would be awesome.

Steve

We Had considered that at first. but like I said. pete did such a good job on the joystick routine that we didn't see the need. be sides if we used a driving controller , we would have to make a special one with a second button. As it is now you pull down for the superzapper.