IGNORED

All Atari records digitized on one DVD

Jek

This thread is from May 2008. :ponder:

We can hope and dream right? I mean if I was able to score 2 Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer 1977 joysticks with hex discs at Goodwill, maybe there is 1 or 2 left of this DVD from 2008?

That's what I was banking on as well... and if the DVDs are no longer available, maybe it'd be possible to put the Kid Stuff material online for everyone to enjoy?

hi all!

lets check out how many are left (5 or so, I think)

sorry I am late, I have not seen, that this topic popped up again....

(I was on Eurocon in Vienna til yesterday (www.eurocon.info) - great collectors meeting btw.

Next is in Manchester in September 2010.)

Please let me check, what is still there and I let you all know. (Who comes first, gets first).

Greets

Jens

hi all!

lets check out how many are left (5 or so, I think)

sorry I am late, I have not seen, that this topic popped up again....

(I was on Eurocon in Vienna til yesterday (www.eurocon.info) - great collectors meeting btw.

Next is in Manchester in September 2010.)

Please let me check, what is still there and I let you all know. (Who comes first, gets first).

Greets

Jens

Thanks Jens, looking forward to checking them out!

hi everybody

indeed 5 are left.

The lucky 5 who asked first are:

arojas4570

driph

cvga

Midnight Synergy

Jeffgamer

I am sorry for everyone else - they are all gone now.

(But perhaps the community can "help out". I will not complain. It should be for everyone)

I never thought, there would be more than 50 people interested in....

I send a PM to you now.

Jens

• 2 weeks later...

since it looks as if all the discs are gone and another run might not happen, any chance we could get the iso images released so we could still enjoy your work?

This thread is from May 2008. :ponder:

We can hope and dream right? I mean if I was able to score 2 Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer 1977 joysticks with hex discs at Goodwill, maybe there is 1 or 2 left of this DVD from 2008?

• 2 years later...

I ripped the entire DVD (excluding the raw WAV files) and uploaded it for you all to enjoy.

I compressed it with WinRAR into 150MB chunks wit 1% recovery record. If you run into any CRC Errors, just run the repair tool on the troubled archive and it should repair itself.

Please let me know how it works for you once downloaded!

Click HERE to start downloding!

Best regards,

Tremoloman

• Like 4

Thanks for taking the time to rip and upload all of it for us! Downloading right now.

On another note, about 5 years ago on Ebay there was someone who had Every NES, Atari 2600-5200-7800 400/800, SNES, Colecovision Game Manual and Overlay ever made sent out on a DVD for around 15 bucks shipped. I bought one, but of course over the last 5 years I have moved 3 times and have lost the DvD :(. If I EVER happen to find the bloody thing I will definitely try to get copies to whoever wants it. It was how I printed out half of my overlays that I was missing. Whoever made that DVD did a hell of a job with it. Just wish I could find it or find the guy who made it!

Wow, what an awesome thing to stumble upon! You've made my day Jens. This is obviously an effort of considerable measure. Thank you. Having collected only a few of these albums I realize how hard it must've been to get a complete set and then go the extra mile for the community. Well done sir. Oh and also a big thanks to Tremoloman for the upload. Totally appreciate that. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some listening to do. :)

Thanks JEK, Tremoloman and anyone else invlolved in this project. This is an awsome piece of history now saved and documented. I have a vision here of making nice laminated CD covers (Like a miniature scaled down version of a record cover) using the artwork included in this package. The CD labels could be made to look like the actual record labels and this would be amazing....... I might consider taking on such a project if there was enough interest of people who would want them. This would take a LOT of time to complete and I think would probably have to cost right around $10 per cover... This is of course just an estimate off the top of my head but I could get a better idea of cost after I complete one to factor in material cost and time to make them.......

If anyone thinks this is a good idea and would support such a project, please post here and I would consider the task with enough support.

- ManCaveArcade

Thanks for the kudos. I wish JEK was still logging in these days so he could see how many people appreciate his work.

If you go through with this project I could mail you a copy of the DVD that has the WAV files that are lossless. The entire DVD was 4GB and figured that was too large of a download for most people.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone!

and a special Hi to tremoloman!

How nice to see that you people are yet interested in this special theme of videogame-preserving.

If anyone starts up a further project, please let me know.

Many greetings from rainy :-( Germany

Jens

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

and a special Hi to tremoloman!

How nice to see that you people are yet interested in this special theme of videogame-preserving.

If anyone starts up a further project, please let me know.

Many greetings from rainy :-( Germany

Jens

Welcome back ol' buddy! Where have you been hiding?