IGNORED

Is NTSC and PAL Collecting the same for you ?

Schitti

NTSC and PAL Collecting  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you fill your Atari 2600 collection.

• I only collect NTSC
    • I only collect PAL
    • That is all the same to me
    • I dont know whether it is NTSC or PAL
    • I collect NTSC and PAL seperately
    • It does not matter if it is sealed

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

At the beginning of collecting Atari 2600 gamesi have collected everything, i dont knew much about the difference and the rarity of NTSC and PAL games. It was all the same for me, but when the collection became larger, i did not want to have both types in one collection. So i have started to split them and stored them seperately.

I think many of the collectors here dont make any difference. I would like to know how you handle it.

(my first poll, hopefully everything is correct)

Edited by Schitti

When i first started collecting carts it was all the same for me. Then my tv broke and i was forced to use an old tv that did not have support for ntsc. I think that is what gave me the idea of only collecting PAL carts. I was spending to much money at the time on carts and had to stop bying every cart i found. I think collecting is much more fun when you are looking for some specific carts rather then just bying it all (maybe its about me being poor :) ). Most carts being sold online are ntsc and a lot of the sellers dont have a clue what formats the carts are. That makes PAL collecting more of a challenge, i think. I resently bought a lot of taiwan PAL games witch the seller claimed he was 99% sure was ntsc. :)

If you are more of a gamer then collector with a tv that has support for PAL and ntsc, it cant mather that much witch format the carts are. But i enjoy the collecting (finding the carts) more then the gaming i think.

i voted I collect NTSC and PAL seperately, because i collect everything for NTSC but PAL some i want everything from a certain company and other companies i only want a few of. but as to storing/displaying them NTSC and PAL are mixed. :cool:

Rick

i voted I collect NTSC and PAL seperately, because i collect everything for NTSC but PAL some i want everything from a certain company and other companies i only want a few of. but as to storing/displaying them NTSC and PAL are mixed. :cool:

Rick

yes i also had stored both together, but one time i lost the overview about all the sealed games. also a lot of games had the same box and you must check it back, if you get a cart in better shape for the collection.

so i have decided to store them seperately.

the bad thing is that sometimes i must buy the same game twice for both formats. this can be very expensive and that annoyes me especially if i need some boring boxes.

:(

I collect for NTSC,since i live in that region.I have found a couple PAL'S by accident.And they play with no rolling,or problems.I buy whatever i see.Never know which PAL'S wont work on a NTSC console,so i dont buy any PAL'S when paying top dolllar for MIB games,and stuff like that.

Edited by Rik