IGNORED

Did anyone notice...

27ace27

that in the movie E.T. that there is an Atari 2600 woody sitting atop the TV?

Yes, I did.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=838902

Re: the second pic. Did anyone here actually keep their Atari that neat, with the joysticks sitting nicely atop the game unit? Mine was always a tangled mess of wires. It's only now that I'm (much!) older and (hopefully a little) wiser that I know better than that. ;)

ET on DVD? :) LOL. I remember what a big deal it was when they released it on VHS for....are you ready.....$80 bucks. Remember, the original movie clubs were big money because there were no ads on the videos and parents would kill you if you broke one....the local Erol's Video Club was a special treat. Only the rich kids in town had parents that were members. It was like 400 bucks to join and movies were crazy, like 6 bucks a day? Thats what number sticks in my head...not sure.

I will say that I own it on Laserdisc :) That came out a few years later at a much better price...I think it was only 49.99 :)

C

Jeez, Cassidy, you really dated yourself there. I'll bet you remember black and white TV, and Winky Dink screens, and watching the dot disappear when you turned off the set (remember when we called them 'sets'?). And hello from a fellow geezer! ;)

Take two Asteroids and call me in the morning!

Geo

My guess is the game was probably Space Invaders since we are dealing with an alien from another planet.

and michal was wearing a space invaders shirt.... it also could be asteroids, they talked about it in the movie

Man, the 80s was so awesome... I totally want to go back, at least just for a couple of weeks.

I was born in 1978, so I grew up with Atari and the 80s basically. I mean, I was a kid, so... I didn't go to night clubs or anything, I was a little bit younger than the kids in Goonies. But man, I can remember as a kid, walking into Toys R' Us, and walking down that video game isle... it was amazing... WALL TO WALL Atari 2600 games... I mean, every game you could imagine. It was 75% Atari, and then there was that fancy new section for the Atari 5200... and then a smaller section for the Coleco Vision. And then the glass cabinets on the other side of the video game wall which had all the systems on display... the wireless Atari 2600 remote controlls... the track-ball...

Man, when I was a kid, I dreamed almost every night of breaking into the Toys R' Us, (through the ceiling like in the Pink Panther movies), and totally raiding the video game "shack" that they had near the exit. (cause remember, they didn't have the games there, you had to take the little sheets, buy the game, and then go to the shack to pick it up afterwards).

Man... and I had an Asteroids T-shirt (like a baseball shirt, sleeves and arms were blue, the center was white with the Asteroids graphic).

Damn...

ET on DVD? :) LOL. I remember what a big deal it was when they released it on VHS for....are you ready.....$80 bucks. Remember, the original movie clubs were big money because there were no ads on the videos and parents would kill you if you broke one....the local Erol's Video Club was a special treat. Only the rich kids in town had parents that were members. It was like 400 bucks to join and movies were crazy, like 6 bucks a day? Thats what number sticks in my head...not sure.

I will say that I own it on Laserdisc :) That came out a few years later at a much better price...I think it was only 49.99 :)

C

Jeez, Cassidy, you really dated yourself there. I'll bet you remember black and white TV, and Winky Dink screens, and watching the dot disappear when you turned off the set (remember when we called them 'sets'?). And hello from a fellow geezer! ;)

I'm a geezer too, because I remember B&W TV and the dot, and calling them "sets". Winky Dink screens sound familiar, but I can't remember exactly what they were. Can you jog my memory?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
But the sounds were coming from a ColecoVision, right?

That's usually how Hollywood game consoles work.

That just reminded me of another commercial I saw the other day. It was for the "credit fairy", and this guy was using a gamepad or some such device far and away from an Atari 2600 controller and Pacman sounds were coming out of his television! Sacrilege! :twisted:

That is so cool... I haven't seen E.T. since I was a kid, back then I had no idea what an Atari 2600 was (I'm only 20, grew up on SMS).. now I wanna go find my E.T. DVD and finally watch it (.. at the same time seeing if I can spot it). :D

I'm glad I spurred interest in somebody :D so whats SMS? (I'm only 13 I grew up on the N64:))

Zomg I'm 13 too and I grew up on the N64!! I have no idea what SMS is either.

I noticed that Atari right away :) You can't see what's in it though...
Maybe when it comes out on Blu-ray we'll be able to see!

By looking at the picture I would say the cartridge slot is empty...

post-23067-1243739956_thumb.png

Edited by Herbarius

bump!

Dude, seriously, why are you bumping your own thread? It's bad enough that the thread title is completely useless. If you have something new to add, that's one thing, but come on!

bump!!! hehehe....

• 3 weeks later...