IGNORED

Atari A/V mod update

Longhorn Engineer

lgallair that is a slick set up there! If you don't mind I will add that as an alt method of installation on my website.

A little update on the 7800 mod. Found the perfect chroma switch IC. The Ti TS5A3159ADCKR is a 2:1 Analog mux its surface mount. It is a little bit smaller then the FMS6400 but it shouldn't be to bad.

Oh a member over at Benheck.com installed my mod and did a little right up of her experience.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28940

Lots of pictures and a couple videos I think to.

nice, I like the cable solution instead of drilling holes in the case, maybe i'll do it that way on my sixer

Oh a member over at Benheck.com installed my mod and did a little right up of her experience.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28940

Lots of pictures and a couple videos I think to.

nice, I like the cable solution instead of drilling holes in the case, maybe i'll do it that way on my sixer

Maybe I should offer kits with either cables or jacks? I prefer jacks but if there is enough interest I can see if I can scourge up some cables for cheap? If anyone kind find a source for cables that work out to about $4-$5 per cable after shipping then I can do it.

I would be most interested in using the cable instead of the jacks. I'd definitely pay more for a kit that included a cable so I didn't have to find one myself and figure out the wiring.

I grabbed some pictures of the mod a while ago but forgot to post them.

longhorn_2.2d_svidmod.JPG

longhorn_av2.2dsvid_pitfall.JPG

longhorn_av2.2dsvid_kabobber.JPG

I still haven't made time to diagnose the problem I was having with composite video. The s-video output looks so good, I have little reason to even have composite output! I think it's just a simple grounding issue anyway.

Maybe I should offer kits with either cables or jacks? I prefer jacks but if there is enough interest I can see if I can scourge up some cables for cheap? If anyone kind find a source for cables that work out to about $4-$5 per cable after shipping then I can do it.

I was planning to do this when I get around to modding my 7800. DealExtreme would be my first bet for a cheap cable like this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5190

Thats really nice work on the back there Vectorman0, Longhorn can you make my two units look like that. I think the S-Video looks a lot nicer without the screw marks, happy to pay extra for it. :)

Sure thing. Vector where did you order those? I might end up making those an option for the kits.

Any update on PAL compatibility?

Haven't heard from mimo yet. I just received a PAL board from HARMIK so soon?

Oh and orders for the 2600 are open again. I will be updating my website everyday from now on. Even if I haven't built anything I will post something. There is a RSS feed for my website.

Something happened to the mod. It seems that when I have the s-video plugged in, I only get black and white. When I take out the s-vid and use composite, I get partial coloration, and some bleeding

Sounds like your chroma line came loose inside your atari. Pin 9.

Sorry for the delay PAL people, I suffer from depression, quite badly at times, and when it hits I can barely get out of bed some days.

Anyway, finally finished building the first PCB tonight, so will try and get things hooked up at the weekend with longhorns help.

The s-video jack however is just a coupler, and is enormous. If I remember correctly, it needs a 5/8" opening (maybe a tad more) and the entire piece is almost an inch in diameter.

It's big enough that you can easily use a tubing cutter to open it and expose the wires.

Any update on PAL compatibility?

Haven't heard from mimo yet. I just received a PAL board from HARMIK so soon?

Oh and orders for the 2600 are open again. I will be updating my website everyday from now on. Even if I haven't built anything I will post something. There is a RSS feed for my website.

maybe even sooner than my PAL 7800 :D *runs*