IGNORED

Atari A/V mod update

Longhorn Engineer

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Has anyone heard anything or received their orders from Parker in this latest round? Maybe I'm less patient that most on here but waiting 4+ months for something after paying for it is excessive. I'm torn because I know his work is great, and everyone on here thinks he is a great guy and I am just a member with few interactions, but I'm really sick of being told "next week" and "don't worry" then never seeing what I paid for. I don't want a refund, I want the product. And like a lot of folks my PMs and emails go unanswered. I have a hard time because if I did this to a bunch of people on here my name would be blacklisted. The last time he did this he said he never sold things he did not have on hand and this time he said things are taking longer because of a chip being out of production so which is it? I even ordered kits, so it's not like he has to take time to build them.

For what good it will do I'm going to contact the Texas Attorney General's office and file a complaint. Any of you that have been waiting can PM me and I'll send you the information needed to do the same. I hate doing this and I know he is a popular member of the forum, but what he is doing is wrong and there are no excuses for it. He even said that himself the last time this happened.

I'm sorry it has come to this.

Dave

• Like 2

Little update. I just got finished with my exams. Filling orders again. I got some FMS6410's. I have enough to cover all orders I have but to make sure I don't run out I set the paypal cart to "sold out" on my website. When I figure out how to get around the FMS6400 issue I will open it back up.

time frame for filling order?

Just thought I'd note that Newark has a small stock of the FMS6406 chips in small quantities. These look like they will work if you bend up pin 2. I just bought a few.

Does the 6db of gain require any other changes to be made?

No, the 6400 has pin 2 set high so 6db gain is selected, while the 6406 is hardwired for 6db gain.

I have some on the way so I'll post the results when they arrive, but I expect these chips will work just fine.

Just thought I'd note that Newark has a small stock of the FMS6406 chips in small quantities. These look like they will work if you bend up pin 2. I just bought a few.

Does the 6db of gain require any other changes to be made?

No, the 6400 has pin 2 set high so 6db gain is selected, while the 6406 is hardwired for 6db gain.

I have some on the way so I'll post the results when they arrive, but I expect these chips will work just fine.

Ah, so it is on the latest rev. I was thinking of 2.2b, and the changes from 2.2b to 2.2f answer my question. Thanks.

I decided to make my own LE Mod. This one is in the style of the 8bit Domain mods. You remove the TIA then place it on a socket on the board. The board is then placed on the VCS where the TIA was originally. No soldering required. I just sent it out to the board house, sure hope I didnt screw anything up.

post-5313-129504594623_thumb.jpg

Edited by snafles
  • Like 1

I decided to make my own LE Mod. This one is in the style of the 8bit Domain mods. You remove the TIA then place it on a socket on the board. The board is then placed on the VCS where the TIA was originally. No soldering required. I just sent it out to the board house, sure hope I didnt screw anything up.

Very interesting indeed.

I'm also working toward my own LE type board, but most of the 2600's I want to mod don't have socketed TIAs, so it will be almost exactly like Parker's.

Anyway, just curious what prog you use to design boards and who you use to manufacture them.

I'm also working toward my own LE type board, but most of the 2600's I want to mod don't have socketed TIAs, so it will be almost exactly like Parker's.

Anyway, just curious what prog you use to design boards and who you use to manufacture them.

The design software is Altium Desinger. But for something like this, Eagle works just a well. As far as manufacturing, BatchPCB.com is where this one went. I wanted two boards, you cant beat their price for small one-offs. $10 setup fee then $2.50 per sqin for as much or as little as you want. For tiny stuff you wont find cheaper, for large/high quantity, just about anyone else is cheaper.

Longhorn via Twitter:

Been raining for several days. Please stop so I can go outside!

about 10 hours ago

I can think of a few things he could be doing inside. :x

I was just wondering myself if anyone else was having delivery issues. All it takes is a little effort to let people know what's going on. I ordered on November 14th and sent him an email through the site last week with no reply.

• Like 1

Longhorn via Twitter:

Been raining for several days. Please stop so I can go outside!

about 10 hours ago

I can think of a few things he could be doing inside. :x

I was just wondering myself if anyone else was having delivery issues. All it takes is a little effort to let people know what's going on. I ordered on November 14th and sent him an email through the site last week with no reply.

I ordered in November too no word

I gave him until this Wednesday and then I'm calling the Austin Police etc. He doesn't' return calls, emails, or PMs and I'm done. My order was made on Sept 9th I have all correspondence with him and Paypal. That will all be turned over to any and all authorities who will listen. He uses his university email for his paypal account so I'm sure the U of Texas would really be unhappy to know that one of its students is using a state provided resource to conduct a business transaction that is this far {-} from being called fraudulent.

Like I said before I know everyone thinks he is an OK guy, but OK guys don't do this to people who are supposed to be his customers.

• Like 1

I ordered from him right when he was apologizing and saying he was getting back in gear. Ordered kits so he wouldn't have to do anything more than put the parts in a bag and ship them. I figured I'd be safe seeing that he was remorseful for stringing that batch of people along.

Its a big shame, he could outsource some of the work to his friends, or even atariage members. I'd solder kits together for a %. Its just maddening.

• Like 1