IGNORED

Atari A/V mod update

Longhorn Engineer

http://www.onlinecomponents.com/buy/FAIRCHILD/FMS6410CS/?ref=fc

For a stand by. Make sure pin 2 (the NC) is lifted. I don't know what will happen if thats connected to the +5V that is on that pin on the board.

Looks like I need to change the design due to obsolete parts.

The FMS6400 is the only obsolete part right? I have been able to find everything else.

For a stand by. Make sure pin 2 (the NC) is lifted. I don't know what will happen if thats connected to the +5V that is on that pin on the board.

Well back to my original question, do you have a stash of 6400s? I'd like to order a bunch of bare pcbs but only if you have 6400s to go with them, how many can you put aside for me?

Well back to my original question, do you have a stash of 6400s? I'd like to order a bunch of bare pcbs but only if you have 6400s to go with them, how many can you put aside for me?

I only have enough to fill my current orders. I only have 20 or so 2600 and 25 or so 7800 PCBs. So a redesign using a different chip is completely doable. And yes horseboy the FMS6400 is the only one that is obsolete completely now.

Actually, pin 2 is DNC (do not connect.) DNC pins are usually used for chip testing so connecting it could yield strange results.

I would imagine that breaking the pin off would also be just fine.

Ok after talking with Fairchild who are the manufacturers of the FMS6400 the replacement is the FMS6406 which is currently still in full production. Current boards can work with it as long as pin 2 is lifted/broken off from the chip. I am redesigning the 2600 and 7800 mod schematics and PCBs to reflect the changes. One change is I am moving the layout around a bit to make them easy to put together and the 7800 mod will get a larger package chip for the chroma switch.

Ok after talking with Fairchild who are the manufacturers of the FMS6400 the replacement is the FMS6406 which is currently still in full production. Current boards can work with it as long as pin 2 is lifted/broken off from the chip. I am redesigning the 2600 and 7800 mod schematics and PCBs to reflect the changes. One change is I am moving the layout around a bit to make them easy to put together and the 7800 mod will get a larger package chip for the chroma switch.

So, when you send my replacement board, will it be a different design? Will I need to do anything different to my 7800 besides what I've already done? Thanks for the info.

How will this affect the 2600 mod? I still haven't installed mine yet.

Mod will be exactly the same.

So, when you send my replacement board, will it be a different design? Will I need to do anything different to my 7800 besides what I've already done? Thanks for the info.

No it will install exactly the same as the old 7800 and 2600 mods. Only difference will that the 7800 will be slightly easier to build.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update. I just got finished with my exams. Filling orders again. I got some FMS6410's. I have enough to cover all orders I have but to make sure I don't run out I set the paypal cart to "sold out" on my website. When I figure out how to get around the FMS6400 issue I will open it back up.

Little update. I just got finished with my exams. Filling orders again. I got some FMS6410's. I have enough to cover all orders I have but to make sure I don't run out I set the paypal cart to "sold out" on my website. When I figure out how to get around the FMS6400 issue I will open it back up.

Good to hear you survived another wave of testing ;)

AX