IGNORED

PLEASE LOCK Turbo Grafx Flash Cart

Hi,

Is it too late to get in on the 128 flash cart as I would be interested?

Thanks

it's not too late, use the vote button if you have not already :)

btw @ goldenax: I'm going to be away this weekend and not back until monday night, just fyi, I'm still in, but if this takes off between now and then, just hang in there

-mw

I voted yes, but I would call myself a very solid maybe. Need to look at some more info on this, but if it's a good cart I'm in.

good idea to do your homework, no rush. there is at least one person on this thread that has the 64M version and everyone I know who has one loves it

it's so incredibly easy to use because of the usb flash interface, just load that puppy up and play away, couldn't be easier

-

Can this be used to simulate an Arcade Card for the TGCD or Duo? If so, count me in, as that is the only thing keeping me from selling my Kisado...

(I can't think of any reason why it couldn't - I would just like to hear from someone who has used it this way)

umm, good question. I will try it with my tototek flash cart next week and see if that works. gotta dig up the roms for the expansion cards

I have no idea if those expansion cards carry any specialized chips that can not be emulated

you may try the neo users forums also for the answer

never played on a real TG16 etc. How good is the xbox emulation? I love a lot of the games so I may be tempted, but I would also have to buy some system or other.

I know where I can get a Duo, but the CD bit is not working. Would it be worth buying do you think? The card side works fine.

never played on a real TG16 etc. How good is the xbox emulation? I love a lot of the games so I may be tempted, but I would also have to buy some system or other.

I know where I can get a Duo, but the CD bit is not working. Would it be worth buying do you think? The card side works fine.

Emulation is "OKAY" on X-box, but I find that GOOD games like Magical Chase, and Air Zonk have the most trouble (kinda killing my desire to use the X-Box. It works great however for older smaller stuff.

As far as buying a broken Duo, I say GO FOR IT. Anything under $100 is a good deal. I sell a repair laser (on chuck right now) so maybe you could even fix it. And DUO's play any region + cdr's without a mod. It's a great machine to collect for, and fun/easy to enjoy the hard to find stuff with this device and a cd burner (ala cuttle cart for 2600/7800)

AX

I voted yes, but I would call myself a very solid maybe. Need to look at some more info on this, but if it's a good cart I'm in.

I've had mine for 6 months now, and I'm totally pleased with it... My only "complaints" are that you can't add or remove individual ROMs to the cart - you have to create a "package" of the ROMs you want and write that to the cart using the included software - and you have to use the physical "reset" button on the cart itself to exit a game and select another (ie: no software reset). Otherwise, I've been extremely happy with mine. One thing I love about the cart and loading software is that you can mix Japanese and American ROMs on the cart and play them on ANY PCE/TG-16 hardware - very cool!

FYI, these things are not that easy to get a hold of - I had to wait months between the first and second production runs to get mine; who knows if there will be a third...

Edited by jimid2

I've had mine for 6 months now, and I'm totally pleased with it... My only "complaints" are that you can't add or remove individual ROMs to the cart - you have to create a "package" of the ROMs you want and write that to the cart using the included software - and you have to use the physical "reset" button on the cart itself to exit a game and select another (ie: no software reset). Otherwise, I've been extremely happy with mine. One thing I love about the cart and loading software is that you can mix Japanese and American ROMs on the cart and play them on ANY PCE/TG-16 hardware - very cool!

FYI, these things are not that easy to get a hold of - I had to wait months between the first and second production runs to get mine; who knows if there will be a third...

Thanks for the review! Will it do SuperGrafx roms or just PCE/TG16? How about the Arcade Cards?

Edit: found the info and it will at least do SuperGrafx. With that, I'm in for sure!

Edited by 98PaceCar

They wrote back today, and did confirm that they have them in stock and ready to go 6/21/08.

So the next step is to PM me with your user name and paypal email address. If you need to mail it in by money order that's fine but it will need to be fairly quick so I have a chance to cash it and put it on paypal.

I'm going to post your user name on this section here:

1. the.golden.ax

2. LocalAnarchist

3. tjb

4. Lost Monkey

5. ddaniels

6. lgallair

7. 98PaceCar

8. nonner242

9. Mark_Wolfe

10. ianoid

Once it hit's at least 11 names I'll send paypal payment requests. There will be a one week window to make the payment. So if it takes 3 days to fill in this list, plus 7 days window to pay, figure 7 - 10 days from today for making the payment. I'm not sure how quick they will ship, but as soon as they are in, they will be sent to all of you the very same day.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

The tone of this post is factual, not mean spirited or unhappy in any way. Some members brought up these issues so I will cover them here:

The short answers:

Q.Defective item?

A.You have to contact IC2005.

Q.Item doesn't show up from IC2005 to me?

A.I'll get my money back from the bank and refund people accordingly.

Q.Broken/Damaged after I mail it to you?

A.On the delivery from me to you, I'll have proof of shipping, and pack well. If you want insurance to cover damage/loss caused by something outside my control, it will cost you little extra for postal or stamps.com insurance. If you don't pay for insurance, any damage or loss caused after it leaves my hands is beyond my responsibility.

Longer answers:

IC2005 offers a one year guarantee on their materials and workmanship. Any returns would need to be obtained and coordinated with them. I am offering my time, and shipping services free of charge, for what amounts to the same discount each other buyer will get. I am not the maker, or seller of this product. It will not be removed from the original package (they use bubble retail shelf package) so it will be 100% new sealed product.

I will retain proof of paying for the goods by credit card, as well as delivery confirmation for the delivery from myself to the end buyer. Since the issue of the unforseen has come up, I must stress that beyond my role specified here, anyone who partisipates will not hold me liable for any unforseen event, provided that I perform my duty by paying the maker, and shipping the product when it arrives to me. There will be protection from non-delivery from IC2005 to me, because I'll be paying by credit card, and I can do a charge-back if they don't come through. So in the event the product never shows up in the USA pending, the time it would take to identify such a situation, and get the bank to give back the money, you would get a refund if they never get to my hands. In any event, you must agree not to harm me with a paypal charge-back once presented with evidence that I have conducted myself as expected, should any issue come up. If you can't promise this, please PM me and walk away, I won't be offended. I and at least two other people I know have purchased from IC2005, without a problem.

Feel free to post here or ask questions.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just picked one of the 128MB cards up recently. IC2005 shipped it really quickly.

The card itself is awesome, better than even my Tototek one mainly due to ease of use and capacity. I can't get it to work at all under Vista properly so I had to use an XP VM with the software/USB linker.

The 'documentation' isn't worth a shit, and neither is the 'support site' as far as I can see. But after poking around and figuring out which software/linker driver to use, it works easily under XP. The loader software is still annoying, but functional. After finding out I had a bunch of unclean roms, and the Vista debacle, the card is working great. Tested in my Turbo Duo / 16 / Express - Good stuff! :cool:

I guess we aren't going to do this. It's been a long time, and we only just made 10. I won't rule out doing this in the future, but I guess insurance would have to be required, and everyone would have to pay by money order since so many people just plain don't trust it. Paypal chargeback threats before it even gets going, and dime one has been paid in, are pretty extreme things to bring up. Sorry folks, I wanted to do something nice, and save myself and you a little money. So close. Oh well. They are cool cards. I guess feel free to order directly. I'm still going to try and get some of their DS cards wholesale and list them on Chuckwagon in the future. I thought about setting up a referal link (they claim to pay $5 bonus for every sale).

AX

I'm still going to try and get some of their DS cards wholesale and list them on Chuckwagon in the future.

Don't buy any of their DS cards. There are many better options elsewhere.

I've got one of the TG16 flash carts. It's a bit picky at times, but it does the job. It's nice to not have to pull out the games from the cabinet to play them.