IGNORED

NWCGE 2K8 Portland

NWCGE 2K8 PORTLAND

Saturday August 2nd and Sunday August 3rd.

At the Holiday inn and conference center

8439 NE Columbia BLVD

Portland or. 97220

FREE parking!

show times (doors open to public)

Saturday= 10AM to 5PM (5PM start of the Atari Championships)

Sunday= 10AM to 5PM (5PM start of the N64 championships)

CONTESTS

atari 2600 Decathlon (NWCGE)

will add to this as more come in.

ADMISSION

10.00= 1 day

15.00= both days

25.00= family plan 1 day (up to 5 people)

40.00=family plan both days (up to 5 people)

free= kids under 5 yrs old (with paid adult admission)

---------------------------------------------------------

VENDORS!

50.00=TABLE (1 paid admission)

125.00=BOOTH (3 paid admissions)

200.00=DOUBLE BOOTH (6 paid missions)

You should think about holding this expo in Salem (the 2k9 one perhaps?) so I can go. Salem has a really neat brand new spiffy convention center thingee downtown. Three other possible places are the Red Lion on Market, the State Fairgrounds, or Volcanoes Stadium. Alas, I have no way to get up to Portland.

Edited by atari2600land

You should think about holding this expo in Salem (the 2k9 one perhaps?) so I can go. Salem has a really neat brand new spiffy convention center thingee downtown. Three other possible places are the Red Lion on Market, the State Fairgrounds, or Volcanoes Stadium. Alas, I have no way to get up to Portland.

unless something changes, i think the current plan is to have the holiday inn be our "home" for all our shows in the future. in portland that is, not seattle.

PM sent,

Rick

I am thinking of going...is the airport close to the convention???

PDX is like 5 minutes away from the hotel. about 2 miles away. :)

hope you can make it. :)

Rick

cool, I am going to book my flight. Thanks for the info!!! I think there is like one direct flight from LAX to PDX....I am not a big stopover fan!!!!

Edited by Wonder007

Rick

cool, I am going to book my flight. Thanks for the info!!! I think there is like one direct flight from LAX to PDX....I am not a big stopover fan!!!!

Very :cool:

are you planning on staying at the hotel we have the show at? i can check on getting a discounted price for you.

yeah, i'm a direct flight kind of guy too! hope LAX has gotten better then it was MANY years ago. hated going to that airport. not like going to any airport is high on my things i like to do list. :D

Rick

Rick

Very :cool:

are you planning on staying at the hotel we have the show at? i can check on getting a discounted price for you.

yeah, i'm a direct flight kind of guy too! hope LAX has gotten better then it was MANY years ago. hated going to that airport. not like going to any airport is high on my things i like to do list. :D

Rick

I am only going for one day....Saturday....come in the morning (8:30 am) and leave at 8:00 pm the same day..... :)

i see our website was been updated! (http://NWCGE.org) thank you Hans!! now just need to update the Affiliate page! ;) (i'm working on it Mike) :sad:

soon we'll have 2 more people updating our website so it should have more info up quicker in the future. :music:

i'll soon post about the vendors list, and update the contests next week.

do i dare say anything about the Atari 2600 special show releases :ponder: i know of 1 and maybe a total of 3 but i would be surprised if we get all 3 to happen.

Rick

august 2nd saturday night, we'll have a movie showing, after the atari 2600 championships (around 7PM) http://www.highscoremovie.com/

post-626-1213447168_thumb.jpg

William (Bill) Carlton will be there to answer any and all questions after the showing. he was at our portland show last year, really cool guy to talk to!

Rick

Atari2600land et al, you can check Amtrak tickets. I know there are trains from Salem up to Portland.

The Coast Starlight (I think) runs from approx. Oakland, CA up through Sacramento, CA up through Eugene, OR up through Salem, OR up through Portland. I'm almost positive that it runs from much farther south (San Diego or L.A.) all the way up to the Canadian border.

Anyhow, you'll need to find a way from the train station out toward the airport, but it's doable.

><>RedBeard

/* I can't believe I just found this topic and there's a show coming soon! I feel all nervous and giddy like some lovesick schoolboy or something. */

/* I can't believe I just found this topic and there's a show coming soon! I feel all nervous and giddy like some lovesick schoolboy or something. */

:lust:

7 weeks and counting, it will be here before we know it. :)

when you come, stop by our booth and say hi, always happy to meet atariage members at our show.

Rick

Anyhow, you'll need to find a way from the train station out toward the airport, but it's doable.
It is a half-mile walk from the Amtrak station on 800 NW 6th to the nearest MAX light rail stop on NW 1st and Davis, and about a half-mile from the airport MAX stop to the hotel (assuming it's the same hotel as last year.) There might also be a free shuttle bus from the airport MAX stop to the hotel.