IGNORED

AtariAge Exclusive Contest: Win a Free Game at GameGavel.com!

Dragon Warrior Jasen

Hello to all of you Atari Fans out there. If you haven't heard about GameGavel.com: The Free Video Game Auction site, I will leave it up to this thread to help get you caught up on what is going on out there:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...p;#entry1531575

In an effort to help get some of you Atari Age fans to come check out the site, register, and give the Free eBay alternative a spin I am going to hold a contest. A contest that is so easy to enter, you could be called crazy for not trying it out! Everyone likes free stuff, and I like to give Free stuff away!

Register at GameGavel.com between now and July 1, 2008

Link your AtariAge Feedback Thread or Profile Page in your GameGavel Account Settings

Sit Back and enjoy GameGavel.com, and possibly win a FREE new GAME of your choice that is $60 or less. Must be available for purchase at major retailers like Amazon. *

* Must be an AtariAge Member for at least 3 months at the time of the drawing. This keeps the new folks who just registered here to enter the contest out, making it for the true AtariAge Members. Minimum of 20 AtariAge Users for the contest to be held.

While you are there, don't forget to check out all of the other contests that are going on.... July 1, is going to be a HUGE contest day!

Don't forget, GameGavel.com is a Free Resource for Video Game Enthusiasts! Dedicated to brining everything that other site has to offer, but at no cost!

WWW.GAMEGAVEL.COM

Edited by Dragon Warrior Jasen

I am going to offer a small bump for this contest. I would hate for such a vast community to miss out on a great opportunity! Winning couldn't be easier, just sign up for an account for Free at GameGavel.com and you will be entered for the drawing of a free Game!

GameGavel is so close to 300 users that I can almost smell it! Help put it over that hump and get it on its way to the next... 400! The future of Video Game Auctions is one of no auction fees for basic listings, GameGavel is at the tip of the spear with this one! You can be too!

Remember, I said that we were so close to 300 I could taste it? Well at midnight last night it happened.... 300 users, and it tasted just like a nice bottle of Red Wine! (The bit I drank when we hit that mark!)

Currently there are...

.. AtariAge users eligible to win this contest. Don't miss your opportunity for this awesome chance! So far, the ODDS are definitely in your favor for winning!

WWW.CHASETHECHUCKWAGON.COM is way better.

If you like paying Fees, then yes in that regard that site is way better, he gladly charges them! GameGavel.com is a free resource!

Well I can count your active auctions on one hand, CTCW currently has near 500 active auctions. When the writing is on the wall most wise folks try to read it.

WWW.CHASETHECHUCKWAGON.COM is way better.

If you like paying Fees, then yes in that regard that site is way better, he gladly charges them! GameGavel.com is a free resource!

Well I can count your active auctions on one hand, CTCW currently has near 500 active auctions. When the writing is on the wall most wise folks try to read it.

Cool... you have 416 fingers!

In an effort to help get some of you Atari Age fans to come check out the site, register, and give the Free eBay alternative a spin . . .

One good way to get AtariAge fans to visit would be to provide a clickable link to the web site instead of making them copy and paste.

Maybe you could give a free car to the first person who finds a spelling mistake in this sentence:

http://www.gamegavel.com/about_us,page,content_pages

From 2003-2007 my modest collection of a PS2 slowly grew into the 30+ console collection and game room that I enjoy when I am not working hard ay my day job or the website.
Edited by Random Terrain

One good way to get AtariAge fans to visit would be to provide a clickable link to the web site instead of making them copy and paste.

Maybe you could give a free car to the first person who finds a spelling mistake in this sentence:

http://www.gamegavel.com/about_us,page,content_pages

From 2003-2007 my modest collection of a PS2 slowly grew into the 30+ console collection and game room that I enjoy when I am not working hard at my day job or the website.

Hmmm.... interesting. Good catch! Naturally, If I was going to misspell something, it would be a two letter word! As for the car... I think I will pass, it doesn't fit the theme for the Video Game Auction Site :)

Top Post Edited for Link....

Check it out!

As for the 416 Finger comment, there is no need to lie about a site, it's pretty obvious there are more than 5 auctions going on right now at GameGavel. Which is actually more than at the other site. It comes in cycles and thats just the nature of the business. If you don't like GameGavel, that's fine. I respect that, but thread crapping is not fun for anyone. :)

Edited by Dragon Warrior Jasen

• 2 weeks later...

Still 4 days left to join up and link to your Atari Age Feedback and be eligible to win. Currently only 4 people are linked up with Atari Age... still a bit of a ways to go before Tuesday. I hope that you consider joining up!

Be sure to keep an eye out, there is a wanted ad for an Atari 2600 and I will be listing up a copy of "Chase The Chuckwagon" for the Atari 2600 within the next few days!

Still 4 days left to join up and link to your Atari Age Feedback and be eligible to win. Currently only 4 people are linked up with Atari Age... still a bit of a ways to go before Tuesday. I hope that you consider joining up!

Be sure to keep an eye out, there is a wanted ad for an Atari 2600 and I will be listing up a copy of "Chase The Chuckwagon" for the Atari 2600 within the next few days!

Today is the last day to sign up and become eligible for the contest! I want to thank everyone who has joined Game Gavel this past month and helped raise membership by 70%! Don't miss out on this prime opportunity to win something, simply by joining the best Video Game Auction site!

www.gamegavel.com

-Jasen

Today, the contest came to a close... I want to thank everyone who participated! Are you curious who won? Well, login to GameGavel.com and listen to the new Podcast: Let the Gavel Fall. Not only will you see the winners, but you will also hear about all of the contests we held this month, and the new July - August Contest!

www.gamegavel.com

Today, the contest came to a close... I want to thank everyone who participated! Are you curious who won? Well, login to GameGavel.com and listen to the new Podcast: Let the Gavel Fall. Not only will you see the winners, but you will also hear about all of the contests we held this month, and the new July - August Contest!

www.gamegavel.com

Do you seriously think that anyone really cares enough to sign up to find out who won? You could post the name of the winner in this thread in giant letters and you'd be lucky if anyone would bother to look. This trick screams desperation and that can turn a lot of people off. If you build a good web site, they will come.

By the way, you can put www.gamegavel.com in your signature so a link to your site is in every post that you make. Just plopping plain old www.gamegavel.com at the end of every post is kind of useless since nobody can click on it. The power of the link compels you. :D

For the link, Seems that Atari Age is the only fourm I visit that doesn't make it a link automatically.

It only does it automatically if you add the http:// stuff at the beginning.

This becomes an automatic link:

http://www.gamegavel.com/

This doesn't:

www.gamegavel.com

But now that you have a link in your signature, maybe you'll get even more visitors.

• 6 months later...
Anyone can download a script these days and have their own auction website up within minutes literally.

You bumped this six-month-old thread to...what? Make a point? I guess I just don't see what you're going on about here. And you DO realize that CTCW is one of the biggest supporters/posters here too.

Edited by Snider-man