IGNORED

OMG! DiCaprio to star as Nolan Bushnell!

Man, this pic needs to be made if for nothing else but to educate the ignorant twits on AICN. So many of them throw in how it should end with Nolan crying over a bunch of E.T. cartridges. But if they had a frickin' clue, they'd know he was long gone before E.T. was released! :|

Well Nolan Bushnell has led an extremely amazing life. Think about it, a one time Mormon who starts up a company using dope heads he found off the unemployment line. He literally had to hide the dope heads when courting big businesses. Most companies that start off this way usually fail pretty quickly, but he was able to turn this into a muti-million dollar business. A couple of years ago I would of said that a movie like this would bring a big boom into the hobby with prices sky rocketing. But I have more realistic eyes and realize that it will only marginally boost interest into the hobby.

Man, this pic needs to be made if for nothing else but to educate the ignorant twits on AICN. So many of them throw in how it should end with Nolan crying over a bunch of E.T. cartridges. But if they had a frickin' clue, they'd know he was long gone before E.T. was released! :|

I agree with you about educating those twits.

The same problem exists on kotaku.com concerning Bushnell. I am sure a lot of people on other videogame sites think the same thing.

I'm anxious to find out how they will put together a new video game that ties in with the movie:

"Atari - The Video Game"

Maybe it would be Nolan running around putting up Pong machines in lots of bars and collecting as many quarters as possible before running out of the money needed to build new machines and being forced to sell the company.

or

maybe SimCity style: create a video game factory: hire bodies, get sales channels going, buy beer and pizza at least twice a week, hire Steve Jobs, etc...

There are a lot of worse actors out there. Some of DiCaprio's stuff is pretty good...just forget Titanic.

He is a good actor(The Departed, Blood Diamond) but somehow I just can't see him in this. I don't know who else to cast but I just don't see him in it. Doesn't matter, I'll definitely go see the movie anyway.

I don't care who plays Nolan Bushnell, I want to see the movie. Still, Leonardo DiCaprio is a pretty good actor, so they could have done a lot worse.

Alright everybody, than who? He kind of looks like Tom Select but he's too old now.

Allan

I don't care who plays Nolan Bushnell, I want to see the movie. Still, Leonardo DiCaprio is a pretty good actor, so they could have done a lot worse.

Alright everybody, than who? He kind of looks like Tom Select but he's too old now.

Allan

Patrick Fugit of Almost Famous? That was my first thought.

post-4516-1213054322.jpg

Edited by pmpddytim

Allan

Patrick Fugit of Almost Famous? That was my first thought.

I dont know who Patrick Fugit is or what Almost Famous is either, but from that picture I have to agree there is a resemblance. I don't get the Leo haters here, he did a good job with Hughes and he was good in the movie where he played a scam artist to name just two. Im suprised anyone would want to see a movie about Atari but I know I will be first in line (no bitorrent download for this one!) when it comes out. I think it could be an excellent movie.