IGNORED

My Boxed Collection Begins!

classicgamingguy

I feel the need to point out that scientific studies suggest that the more CIB games one collects, the lower the one's IQ. The rock bottom LOWEST are those who hord sealed games.

So sorry.

:P

LOL,do you hoard?you spelled it wrong,its,"H-O-A-R-D",i guess thats true!,Just kidding,i had to put that one in ;)I guess im in good company,as a few us have hoarded im sure :grin:

just think NO sealed games...I STILL can't spell!!

Next time I'm in the burgh I might just show up at your door and take a gander at that collection in person. I promise not to take anything with me when I leave :ponder: ..... :D

You're welcome to stop by! :cool:

I have a car now. I just might do that!

Unfortunately, yes I am (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it). My boxed Ms. Pac-Man might be mine next week. :-D

I can't wait to dedicate a shelf to the boxed games!! So far so good. I love the artwork in the manuals, and the pictures on the outside of the boxes themselves.

Steve

I didnt intend in collecting pacm an pitfall space invaders pitfall combat and adventure carts but i keep comeing across them at great prices and buying them. Non atari things that i started collecting was weapons but not guns swords axes flails maces throwing stars and al lthings alike i have about 60 pieces so far.

Well, two disappointments after getting back to work and checking my emails and to see if anything came in for me.

My boxed Pitfall! arrived, but the instructions were nowhere to be found! :x They were promised in the Ebay listing, so I sent the guy an email and haven't left any feedback yet. I figure if he doesn't come clean on it, I'll have to give him a low rating.

On another note, the Ms. Pac Man I was bidding on got a higher bid from someone else. I figured I'd let it go, since there's many listings of complete Ms. Pac-Man on Ebay I can get (buy it now) for around the same price. No rush...so I'm slowing myself down. :D

Otherwise, all is good. Berzerk came in last week and I'm a happy camper.

Steve

Edit:

My sooooo bad :| Having forgotten that Pitfall's manual was super-thin, I didn't look hard enough and thus...it was there all along. Talk about embarrasing! I wrote the guy, apologized, and gave him excellent ratings. :D

Edited by classicgamingguy

Sorry to double post like this, but.......

This is plain silly..I'm surfing Ebay on a DAILY basis looking for boxed games now!! ARGH! My Ms. Pac-Man boxed failed, so I didn't get that one. I'm thinking of Asteroids boxed next... :twisted:

Woah, might want to slow it down.

Plus you're probably better off posting a wanted thread on AA. I know a lot of collectors here that wouldn't mind throwing some your way.

Yeah, I think I'm out of control....

I passed on placing a bid for a CIB Asteroids, and placed a bid on a 9-game lot with about 6 games boxed. :ponder:

Oh my God...I need to stop this insanity! But two of the games are Imagic titles, and some Atari titles I really want. There's a couple of cart only games thrown in to the mix as well.

I think I'm going to stop for a bit after this.

Maybe.... :(

-Steve

Yeah, I have a few boxed games I am happy to pass along for like a buck and shipping. I think Ms. Pac is among them.

Sorry to double post like this, but.......

This is plain silly..I'm surfing Ebay on a DAILY basis looking for boxed games now!! ARGH! My Ms. Pac-Man boxed failed, so I didn't get that one. I'm thinking of Asteroids boxed next... :twisted:

Woah, might want to slow it down.

Plus you're probably better off posting a wanted thread on AA. I know a lot of collectors here that wouldn't mind throwing some your way.

Just take it easy and enjoy what you have so far. I used to have a closet full of them, but after some time, I decided to 'downgrade' to this:

post-16761-1213668925_thumb.jpg

I still want a few more, but will probably swap some of those there already.

Since everyone else is doing it, here's my Atari wall:

post-43-1213714165_thumb.jpg

It can be addicting if you let it. I've tried to sort through my games and sell off the dups. It's so easy just to keep them around especially when they are variations to the norm. I have one copy of Berzerk with the comic book info and one without. I had one in the Sears box, etc etc.. Starts taking up alot of space too. I've got retitled games and games with alternate artwork. Atari Inc vs Atari corp, I've got boxes I've kept around because the style of flap changed, really crazy minute stuff. Oh well, but it's a really really fun hobby and there is no wrong way to collect. Enjoy the ride!

I love boxed Sears items! And I love to share pix! :cool: :D

So far I have roughly 630 boxed games, not counting dups. That compared to an additional 316 loose carts. My boxed games outnumber my loose games :P

I also collect boxed systems and controllers.

To explain from a personal standpoint...I've always liked Atari. Maybe this is a way of holding onto an enjoyable part of my childhood, but I also feel that if anything is worth collecting, for whatever reason, make it as nice as possible. I think having all the original packaging helps enhance the satisfaction of owning an item from the past.

Again, just my POV.

why sears?