IGNORED

My Boxed Collection Begins!

classicgamingguy

I just can't BELIEVE how impressive some game collector's collections are. They make my heart stop with the amount of diversity in them. I look to my piddly little collection and think, "Jeez...someday mine will look like that". Even on all my previous incursions into the Atari 2600 universe, I've NEVER collected boxes before. Now they are overtaking my obsessiveness with this hobby!! :D

:(

That's NOT exactly good news for me..well, yeah it is, but it's really not. :(

Steve

I think you picked a bad time to start collecting boxed games. Here is a thread about a huge price increase for boxed games.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127449

Edited by homerwannabee

Sheesh, I thought I was good to have a loose sears motocross. Wow, you have one complete.

I'm coming up as soon as I can. I might bring a good friend too, he's into classic stuff also.

Edited by keilbaca

why sears?

My system growing up was the Sears Tele-Games, but I also like the packaging and the challenge of tracking down variants for Sears.

But not to worry, my collection isn't relegated to strictly Sears! (and this still isn't everything in my collection :cool:)

Nice I need to get my room finished so I can post some pics. The elvis painting is a bit out of place though.... :cool:

Maybe have it airbrushed to include an atari logo, that would be sweeettttt...

So far I've noticed that it isn't so bad for prices, depending on what you want. The lots on Ebay aren't all that expensive, but I'm cheap when it comes to buying stuff like this. I won't buy one game for over $20.00. The lot I just won is around $12.00 (shipped) for four or five boxed games and about 4 loose carts. :D

Steve

So far I've noticed that it isn't so bad for prices, depending on what you want. The lots on Ebay aren't all that expensive, but I'm cheap when it comes to buying stuff like this. I won't buy one game for over $20.00. The lot I just won is around $12.00 (shipped) for four or five boxed games and about 4 loose carts. :D

Steve

You'll be eating those words too.

I really need to get my boxed collection started again. Or my nes collection. Blah. Too much stuff to recover, not enough money.

why sears?

My system growing up was the Sears Tele-Games, but I also like the packaging and the challenge of tracking down variants for Sears.

But not to worry, my collection isn't relegated to strictly Sears! (and this still isn't everything in my collection :cool:)

Great.....

My first contact with atari 2600 was with a coleco gemini. I still love those controller better then the original atari.

BTW: very nice collection ;)

Sears... I used to very much dislike their Atari stuff, and saw it as cheap knock-offs, Now that I'm older and wiser (hopefully), I see their beauty and their place in video game history. Now the Sears heavy-sixer is my favorite console to look at actually.

And that's one hell of a collection you got there. I love the console boxes and how all the black game boxes look lined up like that. Almost makes me wanna start collecting boxed again, but for now I just need a gatefolded Target Fun. It should look nice next to my gatefolded Combat.

Everyone posting pictures of their great collections has finally inspired me to take some pics of my modest collection. It's not organized... some day when I have finished a few remodeling projects around the house, I would like to have my collections (Atari and otherwise) nicely displayed. Here a link to the gallery I just created:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...m&album=267

The full gallery has pics of my entire collection (consoles, controllers, loose carts), but here is my boxed collection:

Boxed 2600 games:

gallery_17553_267_8956.jpg

Sealed 2600 games:

gallery_17553_267_314556.jpg

Boxed 7800 games (the two Galaga's at the top are sealed):

gallery_17553_267_296972.jpg

7800 Box:

gallery_17553_267_130135.jpg

2600 Box (I picked this up at a thrift store a couple months ago. I did a composite mod on this Jr.):

gallery_17553_267_78576.jpg

I have had the pleasure of opening each of the unsealed boxed games years ago when they were new. The 7800 wasn't technically mine, my grandpa bought it so I had something to do on the weekends I stayed with them. He gave it to me a few years back. Apparently, I never got around to playing Galaga, since both copies are sealed... He also, must have mistakenly bought two copies. At $3 a pop that is an easy mistake to make. :)

I'm afraid that goes for me too...

(gets out the paper towels)

Steve

Come on Steve, show us your collection in e.g 8 years (I need 8 years to build my collection up)! If you will collect the stuff that long you get an awesome collection!

Endurance is that what counts on this hobby! ;)

That's a good target date...8 years.

At this rate, it'll be much sooner if I don't slow myself down!! I'm working on getting another 4 or 5 boxed games from someone else on here, in addition to the lot I just won on Ebay.

Common sense was thrown out the window when I began this about a month back.

-Steve :roll:

Get down on your knees and pray, pray to the boxed games. :D

Here are the most of my boxed games:

atari1.jpg atari2.jpg atari3.jpg atari4.jpg atari5.jpg atari6.jpg

I did not have much money in the last years, but my collection grew nevertheless.

A picture of my boxed Interton stuff. The German answer to Atari :cool: :

interton.jpg