IGNORED

Early 90s PC-based Diskmag (US)

Hey all,

In the early 90s (late 80s???), I subscribed to a monthly magazine w/ disk for the IBM PC & compatibles. I ran it on my dad's Tandon 286 w/ CGA, 640K, and 10MB hard-drive. These disks contained simple games, demos, and whatnot, IIRC. One feature each issue had was a little story that was animated - VERY simplistically. It was a stick-figure guy that always seemed to get the short end of the stick, and was usually dead via some horrible mishap by the end of each episode.

Does any else remember these, and if so, what was this publication? Are these disk images available anywhere online? Sorry if this description wasn't very helpful, but this is the best I can remember it to describe.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!!!

--Timster--

First off this was a futuristic method of getting the news. They would make a disk filled with demos, interviews, and even music , along with patches. Various Magazines like

PC gamer

Gamepro

and others did this. I am still looking for my disc with Heavy Metal Demo on it :x

However since people are too lazy to load a disc in and most would have problems with loading them, people would rather magazines. This was popular in Europe and Asia countries like Japan and Hong Kong.

Edited by Red_Queen

{bump}

Guess no-one recognizes this? Darn... :( I was hoping to track these down again...

--Timster--

I think Softdisk made a few disk mags. The One that I remember is 'Big Blue Disk'

Hope that helps!

Longhair... OMG!!! That's it! That's the one!!! :D Thank you so much.

As soon as I saw the name "Big Blue Disk", I had a feeling. A quick trip to Wikipedia proved it. (Big Blue Disk) And this told a lot about the series, including what was apparently a major running feature, Adventures of Alfredo! Doh - this is awesome. Since finding this - I've even found YouTube vids of the little guy's misadventures.

Now, I need to see if I can track down these actual disk images so I can run them for myself again on my own machine. I'll be looking, but now that we know the diskmag in question, if anyone knows of or sees a location where these disks can be downloaded, please let me know!

:) :) :)

I knew you guys wouldn't let me down.

--Timster--