IGNORED

Atari 2800 (Japanese 2600) - Complete Set of Retail Boxes - Never Assembled

Ferris

Okay everyone, Justin is having a FIRE SALE! I never thought I'd let go of these but the time has come.

I have a complete set of Atari 2800 retail boxes for all of the 2800's silver-box launch titles. (yes, Atari 2800, Japanese 2600 launch, I'm sure we are all well versed so I'll skip the history lesson here. )

The collection is extra special in the fact that these were attained directly from Atari's Art Department upon closing. The retail boxes are in absolutely pristine condition - never assembled, glued or folded together - these are flat boxes direct from the art department.

Each of the boxes has been preserved inside a plastic protective sleeve with a cardboard backing to protect the boxes from bending. There are no dents, no tears, probably no finger prints. And of course the boxes have been preserved in a clean environment away from sunlight and humidity. (I would have included a few pictures but I'm having trouble with my camera right now. If I can get some pictures, I will of course load them. I must say though, they really are in absolute pristine condition.)

The boxes featured in this collection were printed for the following titles:

Asteroids

Pac-Man

Centipede

Defender

Joust

Battlezone

Star Raiders (large box)

Missile Command

Galaxian

Berzerk

Space Invaders

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

Super Breakout

SwordQuest: EarthWorld

SwordQuest: FireWorld

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Again, these came straight out of Atari's art dept. and were never glued, folded or placed on a retail shelf. I must let go of these as part of a "fire sale", and would like to see them go to a good home that could truly appreciate the insane rarity of these items, so I thought I would see if there was any interest here on AtariAge before I have to resort to listing the collection on eBay. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

All the best,

Justin

Edited by Ferris

Thanks! I'll double check.

When I acquired these, the only titles I was aware of not being part of the collection were two Sesame Street titles from the children's series. It would have been an additional $160 for those two boxes so I opted not to purchase them at the time since I was going to have these all framed, and wanted to display all of the silver boxes without "Bigbird Yellow" becoming part of the scene : )

Yeah, these were only the launch titles. As launch titles go, I *think* these were complete. If not, they were close.

But thanks everyone! The boxes are now sold and I'm out of a jam! Thanks so much!

Here is the list that I have:

Air-Sea Battle CX2602

Alpha Beam with Ernie CX26103

Asteroids CX2649

Battlezone CX2681

Berzerk CX2650

Big Bird's Egg Catch CX26104

Centipede CX2676

Cookie Monster Munch CX26102

Defender CX2609

Demons To Diamonds CX2615

E.T. The extra-Terrestrial CX2674

Galaxian CX2684

Golf CX2634

Haunted House CX2654

Joust CX2691

Jungle Hunt CX2688

Math Gran Prix CX2658

Missile Command CX2638

Night Driver CX2633

Pac-Man CX2646

Phoenix CX2673

Raiders of the Lost Ark CX2659

Realsports Baseball CX2640

Realsports Soccer CX2667

Realsports Tennis CX2680

Realsports Volleyball CX2666

Space Invaders CX2632

Star Raiders CX2660

Super Breakout CX2608

Swordquest Earthworld CX2656

Swordquest Fireworld CX2657

Yars' Revenge CX2655

Other games were sold in Japan with US boxes that had stickers on the back of English boxes(i.e. no unique box design) and Japanese manuals in addition to the English manuals. I've seen carts with stickers on the back in Japanese, but for all I know these could be resale stickers. I think Epoch distributed the 2600 as I've seen some Epoch stickers. I don't really know. Japan is so insular it's very hard to get reliable information. Carts are otherwise the same, almost always picture labels. I'll try to post a picture of some 2600 cartridges I got from Japan. They are no different than US versions, but I'll try to post as an FYI for which exact label was imported.

ian

I did a webpage a few years ago. It's not complete (somehow forgot to add Star Raiders, will do a scan of it tonight...).

Atari 2800

Marc.

Here is the list that I have:

Air-Sea Battle CX2602

Alpha Beam with Ernie CX26103

Asteroids CX2649

Battlezone CX2681

Berzerk CX2650

Big Bird's Egg Catch CX26104

Centipede CX2676

Cookie Monster Munch CX26102

Defender CX2609

Demons To Diamonds CX2615

E.T. The extra-Terrestrial CX2674

Galaxian CX2684

Golf CX2634

Haunted House CX2654

Joust CX2691

Jungle Hunt CX2688

Math Gran Prix CX2658

Missile Command CX2638

Night Driver CX2633

Pac-Man CX2646

Phoenix CX2673

Raiders of the Lost Ark CX2659

Realsports Baseball CX2640

Realsports Soccer CX2667

Realsports Tennis CX2680

Realsports Volleyball CX2666

Space Invaders CX2632

Star Raiders CX2660

Super Breakout CX2608

Swordquest Earthworld CX2656

Swordquest Fireworld CX2657

Yars' Revenge CX2655

Other games were sold in Japan with US boxes that had stickers on the back of English boxes(i.e. no unique box design) and Japanese manuals in addition to the English manuals. I've seen carts with stickers on the back in Japanese, but for all I know these could be resale stickers. I think Epoch distributed the 2600 as I've seen some Epoch stickers. I don't really know. Japan is so insular it's very hard to get reliable information. Carts are otherwise the same, almost always picture labels. I'll try to post a picture of some 2600 cartridges I got from Japan. They are no different than US versions, but I'll try to post as an FYI for which exact label was imported.

ian

Yeah, with my scans...

As usual, these are the most complete known to exist lists:

http://atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-2-TYPE...I-SOFT_LIB.html

http://atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-2-TYPE...I-SOFT_LIB.html

Missing or better looking scans are more than welcome.

8)

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

• 1 month later...

as far as i know the sticker on the back of some japanese carts stands for promotion/demonstration .... apparently atari gave away a whole bunch of them to promote the 2800 ...

they should have used the console design of the bit corp amigo for the 2800. everyone would have thought that it's a famicon and the sales would have been alright :D