IGNORED

What were your initials?

Krytol

Back in the day, I used to go with my initials: WEG.

Then, when machines started using 5 symbols instead of three, I went with a mirrored version of my initials: WEGEW.

My sign became so frequent on one machine at one arcade that, when I signed my sign on the same machine at a different arcade, two young ladies watching me play asked in surprise, "Do you go to Fun Arcade?" I admitted that I was indeed the same player at the other arcade. :D

Then touchscreens came along with a 10 or so symbols for your sign...so now I sign: STACY JK.

Back when Game Klub was around (before Katrina...*sigh*) I was one of a bunch of regulars who went to the arcade to play the touchscreens. The others used to say "Hi, Stacy" or something like that when I arrived.

...Mind you, I'm a guy. The only reason for the name is that Stacy Jean Kopin is a character in some of my stories (same as Jimmy "de la" Kopin), but I took it in good fun.

Had a cousin who used ICE all the time. Mine typically was SSP or AAA (if I had a bad score).

Not worth putting SSP in if you know it will be shoved off in a matter of days.

Did this until I played Track -n- Field one day on the 8-bit. Then I started using body parts for initials. EAR, ARM, LEG, EYE.

Now I typically use DAD or DIP.

In games where you can name your character I'll use either DipStick, DipShit, Doofus, or Goober.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pre Jr. high (82 back) : DDT

After that (83 forward) : HEX

Modern Profiles (where space allows) : Hexxy -- A riff on the Ultima 2 mages that would go: "Hexxy Pooh! Hex on you!"

I just had to put numbers on the end didn't I?

Hex.

[ It's about time that it rained... ]

I started with BAD, but changed to BDD when i matured a bit :)

Hey I was BAD! LOL

I used ANT originally but later on, I decided since there were so many ANTs that I'd change it to...

BAD for Big Ant DeNardo as I was known back then.

I was taller than my Kindergarten teacher as well but sadly,

I stopped growing at age 12 and never got past 6 ft.

Another 3 inches in height would have been nice :(

Being how I was 12 years old when I visited the arcade regularly, my initials were often something along the lines of FUK or ASS.

:dunce:

Dude, I was in early 20's when i stopped hanging at the arcade regularly, and i was still putting FUK and ASS. You just *never* outgrow that kind of humor...

Or if it was a legitimate high score that gave me bragging rights, my initials (ACF).

I know in Silent Scope if you put FUK, ASS, or some other bad word, it would change to something else (I can't remember what, but I do remember all those times when I made it to the end of SS, only to blow it on that final shot that was made next to impossible, I'd put that as my initials out of frustration, and then get them changed.)

At any rate, I generally used RDA, but when I started becoming addicted to Pole Position on Namco Museum, I put ROB instead. I still do that in Pole Position, but other than that, it depends on my mood. Sometimes L.T for Larcen Tyler or LET (Larcen E. Tyler, bad pun, but kudos if you get why I made it.) Or just RDA.