IGNORED

What were your initials?

Krytol

Usually RIC (my first name)

Sometimes RIB or RID by accident

AAA when I'm feeling lazy or the score wasn't that good

When I was young and cocky ACE

At home, unless I beat my previous best, I'll mix in different things to break up the wall of RICs

After my mom died I sometimes used her initials (DMA) if it was the top score of a game she liked

• Like 1

I used SRD, ym real initals most the time if it was a machine I played alot or it was a machine others played alot to make my mark for braging rights of course. Otherwise I'd just put something dumb like AAA,666,333,FUK,FUC,GOD,ect. icon_rolleyes.gif , I know, but I was just being a dumb kid.

10 years on I will offer an update to my old post to add that most of the time I use DAD now. My son is very much so into gaming as well so the games we both play I just use DAD for high scores or Daddy for names,ect. if you can enter your full name.

• Like 1

I like to put MADMAX as my initials on Dig Dug.

Stranger Things fakeness... Dig Dug only allows three characters for high score name entry.

I've always used 'TOM' for high scores since my name fits. The Star Wars Trilogy machine at Salisbury Beach still has my name at the top of the leaderboard... almost 20 years after setting the score. I watch the high scores scroll by in attract mode every time I visit, hoping the flash memory hasn't failed/been reset, and the score is still there. Played a lot when it was released and scored a near perfect game, with combo multipliers all the way through, and no one has beat the score since. Set the score when the game was new and in the center of the arcade. When I reached the ending there were a few people watching. One guy said 'Dude, you're a f-ing jedi' as I walked away. :)

So yeah, back when I posted in this topic I was still a cisgender male. But times have changed.

My initials are still the same, RDA, but sometimes if I'm feeling like being 'in character' I'll use L.T. or LRT (for Lauren Renee Tyler*)

In fact, that's why I chose the first and middle names I did, so I could keep my initials the same! ;)

*This is not my actual name, but the name of the character I created, and my general online alias.

Edited by Lauren Tyler

Hi. I tried many combos before I started using ZMN, shorthand for my name.

Back in the day, you would see it on pinball machines at the local bowling alleys or

Chuck E Cheese's. These days, , not so much.

Don't recall having anything for games with more than three letters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing particularly exciting on the initials front here, but if I had time to kill and money to waste, I used to occasionally enjoy loading up the high score table in order to spell out rude phrases. They usually related to my opinion of somewhere I was stuck in; typically, this meant an airport.

HEA

THR

OWI

SSH

ITE

And so on and so forth. And no, I was not above power-cycling a game in order to clear the high score table and make doing this more achievable for me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I realized I never replied to this.. for me it was easy. The first game I could enter stuff in was Space Invaders Pt. 2 and of course that had much more characters allowed, so I being about 11 years old would always do the predictable standard: *F*** YOU* . Ditto for Moon Cresta, etc.

post-31-0-43841500-1540308396_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...