• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Believe i sent him a check.

He can definitely be trusted.

If you are worried about it getting lost or damaged i would just work that out with him how it would be handled in the chance that would happen.

46 minutes ago, stupus said:

Believe i sent him a check.

He can definitely be trusted.

If you are worried about it getting lost or damaged i would just work that out with him how it would be handled in the chance that would happen.

Nope, just if I can trust him. From what I've been reading, I definitely don't have to worry.

Edited by Deemar

• 2 weeks later...

I have to give him a negative. Not as any sort of punishment but this thread is to let people know how deals with him went, right? I had a negative experience with him so you can make up your own minds here.

January 27 - I contact CPUWIZ here asking if he still has a complete Tooth Protectors I saw he had last year. I've been looking for this game for years. He tells me he does but will need to dig it out.

January 29 - He asks me to make him an offer. I see cartridges sell for $300 CAD so I triple it and offer $900 CAD which is about $700 USD. He tells me he won't take less than $1100. I offer him $1000, no response.

February 4 - I finally agree and offer $1100 shipped. He responds that he will dig it out of storage.

February 7 - I ask him to please not forget. He tells me he hasn't had time.

February 15 - I ask if he has had time yet. No response.

February 18 - I ask if he changed his mind on selling it. He tells me he has not.

February 21 - I offer him $1200 shipped if he can find it within the next 10 days.

February 28 - He says he found it and sends me more photos.

March 1 - I ask for his PayPal address to send the payment.

March 1 to 3 - We go back and forth for 2 days, he tells me he prefers cashier's cheque, personal cheque or cash in the mail because he doesn't use PayPal. I do some research on if I can trust him and find a thread here from when he was recently in the hospital so I write him to express my concern for him. He tells me what happened.

March 5 - I ask for his address to mail the cheque and tell him I'll buy a lot more from him if he has more R9 or R10 stuff, I'm a pretty big collector of strange and rare things.

March 6 - He gives me his address.

March 10 - I message him letting him know I'm having trouble figuring out payment because a personal cheque won't work as it'll be in CAD. My girlfriend suggested something called Western Union (I had never heard of it) so I offered that to him. I also offered to email it if my bank will allow me to email USD. He tells me I have now worried him and asks how he can trust me not to scam him.

March 11 - I offer him all my reputation on other forums, my phone number, whatever he needs. I ask if he has a Hong Kong bank account because my girlfriend does and I can just transfer USD that way. He asks if I can pay a friend through PayPal and they can then pay him via other means. I then send him this message: "What I'll do is go out and get a money order or something for you and mail it. I will have zero way of protecting my payment but according to lots of people on this forum, I should be able to trust you. Does that work for you?" He tells me he's looking into other options and asks if I have a PayPal debit card. I've never heard of such a thing, it might be USA only.

March 11 (later) - He sends me an option to buy him $200 in digital gift cards for one website, $500 in digital gift cards for another website and then the remainder, plus shipping through his wife's PayPal. I tell him we agreed to $1100 shipped, not plus shipping and I even bumped it up to $1200 shipped so that should cover the extra. I then tell him I'll go out tomorrow and get him a money order or bank cheque or whatever they suggest at the bank and ask if that works for him since it's exactly what he suggested previously. I then also offer to send him the money order / bank cheque and ALSO send the same amount through PayPal to any board member he trusts to hold it in trust. If he's happy with the money order / cheque, that person can refund me the PayPal, otherwise they send it to him somehow. I am willing to do whatever he needs here.

March 11 (even later) - He tells me he never agreed to $1100. Wait, what? I tell him I'm confused, I thought we were in agreement this whole time and he tells me he wanted $1250 but came down to $1200 when I suggested it. Sure, whatever works here, so I send him this message: "Okay, does $1200 still work? I'm just trying to figure out how to make this work here."

March 12 - He writes back telling me he doesn't do money orders because he still has one from someone else that he can't cash. He tells me if I want to do the deal, I have to do it the way he suggested with the gift cards. I send him this message: "I don't need to do the money order but I'm curious, what's wrong with the one you have? Just bring it to the bank and cash it, I don't understand. What about cashier's cheque like you mentioned? I've never done that before but will that work? Otherwise I can check out the gift card idea." The reason I was asking him that is because I've never heard of that, do money orders work differently in the USA or something? They're like cash here, you just bring it to the bank so I don't understand what that means. That's like someone telling me they don't accept cash because nobody wants it.........it doesn't make sense.

March 12 (later) - Literally in response to my previous message, without hiding anything in between, he sends me this message: "Ok, I have decided that I am not going to sell anything outside the U.S. anymore.  I am a very busy person and I really don't have time for it, I work on videogames 10 hours a day. I wish you the best of luck with your continuing quest.  Sorry it didn't work out."

Me: "Come on man, please don't be like that, I'm trying my best to work this out. I'll likely buy a lot more from you if you have other R10 items after this. "

Me again: "Actually, I have friends in the USA. Would you sell to one of them if they sent you whatever payment method you wanted? I will do whatever method you want and you can mail it to their house, then they can mail it to me. Is that better for you?"

Me this morning: "Hey, I really want to make sure you're ignoring me now, I was pretty sure you'd go for the USA sale."

No response from him, he's just ignoring me now.......that's rude. I don't think I wrote anything negative at any point in this transaction and I invite him to debate anything I wrote. I'm trying to make this work, I think I was pretty flexible at all points of the communication. What did I do wrong to deserve that? What's wrong with a money order? Cashier's cheques? Email transfer? I literally can't scam him with these methods, I don't know what I did wrong here.

Anyway, that's my experience which was negative, unfortunately. I can't say he's a bad guy, I'm just offering what happened and I hope other people can use the information however they see fit. I really hope there's some way I can work deals out with him in the future, I'd be willing to buy a whole load of stuff from him when he's ready to deal.

• Like 1

Dallas Cowboys Football GIF by ScooterMagruder

CPUWIZ is not only single-handedly THE most reputable person here (Albert excepted), he's easily THE most stand-up guy on AA and, no joke, *THE* reason I came back after so many years.

Not to mention he has given, not sold but GIVEN, more to this hobby than myself or 99% of the AA users.....COMBINED.

I understand this may be how you perceive things went. But knowing what I know I imagine there's more to the story and honestly, I'd take a bullet for the guy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yeah kinda seems like you tried to beat him down on price and then couldnt come up with a payment method he accepted since you were outside the usa.....thats not his fault.

You didnt get what you wanted the way you wanted it but not sure thats reflects on him at all, he is under no obligation to sell it to you or anyone or do it a way that he doesnt want to do it or isnt easy and safe for him.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, stupus said:

Yeah kinda seems like you tried to beat him down on price and then couldnt come up with a payment method he accepted since you were outside the usa.....thats not his fault.

You didnt get what you wanted the way you wanted it but not sure thats reflects on him at all, he is under no obligation to sell it to you or anyone or do it a way that he doesnt want to do it or isnt easy and safe for him.

I'm currently willing to match his price and also use any payment method he accepts, and have been since 8% into this conversation. He has since cancelled the deal for reasons I do not fully understand.

3 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Dallas Cowboys Football GIF by ScooterMagruder

CPUWIZ is not only single-handedly THE most reputable person here (Albert excepted), he's easily THE most stand-up guy on AA and, no joke, *THE* reason I came back after so many years.

Not to mention he has given, not sold but GIVEN, more to this hobby than myself or 99% of the AA users.....COMBINED.

I understand this may be how you perceive things went. But knowing what I know I imagine there's more to the story and honestly, I'd take a bullet for the guy.

I wrote everything that happened. It sounds like it doesn't make sense to you.........it doesn't make sense to me neither. Like I said, I'm completely open to him posting something that happened which I did not include. I literally posted everything here that occurred between us, I left nothing out.

I don't think he's a bad guy neither, not at all. I just posted my experience and that's all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deemar said:

deal for reasons I do not fully understand.

I don't like to deal with problematic people, your whole dance was suspicious, I do not trust you and I was trying to do you a favor, not the other way around.  Capice?  I don't need the money, you kept bugging ME.  You wasted hours of my life.

And to be frank, NO DEAL, ever!  :waving:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

I believe the two simple words in all my deals with you were "Cashiers Check". 

Most people (like you) I even trust with personal checks or cash.  Man, this dude even made me convince my wife to accept a partial payment.  Whatever, I don't have time for this and life is short, even shorter for me.  Unless your name is Shawn, no more out of country shipping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

I don't like to deal with problematic people, your whole dance was suspicious, I do not trust you and I was trying to do you a favor, not the other way around.  Capice?  I don't need the money, you kept bugging ME.  You wasted hours of my life.

And to be frank, NO DEAL, ever!  :waving:

You weren't doing me any favours. We're all collectors here and as a pretty hardcore collector myself, I had a lot of respect for you and was willing to do whatever it was you needed to make the deal. 

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

Oh yeah, don't forget, never utter the words Western Union in a deal. ;)

EDIT: Don't worry, I won't post personal conversation, I am not that kind of person.

I still have no idea what Western Union is so mentioning it to you didn't seem like a big deal to me, I was just offering suggestions. My girlfriend suggested it to me so I suggested it to you. A simple no would have worked as well, is it some sort of scam system or something? I literally have no idea what Western Union is for.

It's all good, it didn't work out with us, that's fine. No hard feelings, I just don't think I did anything to kill the deal. It's unfortunate I don't have the reputation here I have elsewhere for being known as such a large collector. Take care.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deemar said:

I still have no idea what Western Union is

Educate yourself: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-e&q=western+union+scams

And no, I am not selling them because I need to pay bills, I am dying, they are of no good to anyone.  Class act you are, I wonder if someone will deal with you in the future.  Not that I actually care, I am busy working on something very interesting for the 7800 at the moment, so later peeps.

• Like 1