IGNORED

jaybird3rd

FireTiger

I got a DevOS kit from jaybird3rd. He helped me find the FAQ for DevOS, and made sure I had all the extra parts needed to install the DevOS chip and socket my Maria chip. Everything was well packed in IC protectors and anti static foam.

He also sold me a spare RAM cart that he had made, but during his testing it had some kind of problem. Instead of sending it anyway, he sent me another RAM cart which works flawlessly.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been had a very pleasant experience to both purchase from and trade with Jay. We've had two transactions spanning over the last two weeks, and I can safely say he's not only fair, but quite knowledgeable as well.

Transaction #1. Jay offered me a composite/S-video modded 7800 Pro System with 13 CIB games and 2 reproduction carts at an absolutely amazing price. Everything was super clean, packed in a sturdy box with TLC and shipped out extremely fast. He answered all inquiries promptly and shared quite a bit of knowledge with me through our lengthy correspondence.

Transaction #2. Jay and I came to agreement on trade for my Pong console. This was yet another case of Jay being more than generous with his offer. However, after shipping off my console to him, he noticed the item I was to receive was malfunctioning. After a sincere apology, he offered me several replacement items. We struck a new deal and he shipped out my items today.

Overall, I feel privileged to have dealt with Jay. He's been a great ambassador for the the AA community and has solidified my belief that AtariAge is a one-of-a-kind forum.

Edited by GregadetH

The items from our trade came in the mail today. Everything was packed super nice. The two Euro Joypads were brand new as described and even included the thumbsticks, which was a pleasant surprise. The Genesis games I received in the packaged work great as well. I also spoke to Jay about possible issues with the mod in the 7800, specifically ghosting when in 2600 mode. After walking me through a few troubleshooting processes, he offered to inspect the console and repair or replace the included 8bitdomain mod with a LE mod if needed. All in all, barring this minor inconvenience, I stand firm with my original assessment. Jay's a stand up guy and I look forward to many future transactions.

Got the 7800 back today and all I can say is WOW! Jay removed the malfunctioning 8bitdomain kit and replaced it with a Longhorn Engineer kit. The picture quality is absolutely stunning. He even included a loose Food Fight cart in the package as well. You can't beat service like this! Thanks, Jay!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jaybird3rd is awesome. Fab'd some 7800 carts for me, lightning fast, and even apologized it wasn't faster! Packed safely, well protected (no crappy bubble mailers here!) and worked great.

Never need to have anything but utmost confidence when trading/buying/selling with him.

• 1 month later...