IGNORED

Use PSX Controllers on the 5200

Albert

Has clay fallen off the face of the earth?

i emailed him just after my last post and asked if he was still working on this, and no reply

has anyone or does anyone talk to him at all?

well i guess im gonna spend the $85 i had put away for this thing now

cschell wrote:

Hey Clay,

If you get too many more toys at home you'll have to stop claiming home products and just admit you live in a factory. icon_smile.gif

Chad

Have you been talking to my wife?

I thought I heard someone mention he was going through a divorce or something.. but I dunno

Think I'll clean up my videogame projects area this weekend

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, the MasterControl web page now says (at the bottom) that it was updated 03-2-2003, which I take to mean March 2. I don't know exactly what was updated, though. But at least that seems to indicate that the project has not been wholly abandoned. Man, I'd like to get a hold of a pair of these suckers.

Lemmi wrote

Has clay fallen off the face of the earth?  

i emailed him just after my last post and asked if he was still working on this, and no reply

Same thing here.

No updates in quite a while and no replys to email.

I want one if they ever happen.

And no despite my absence from the boards the last few months

:sad:

I have not fallen off the face of the earth.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated! On the other hand, I've been a bit too swamped to do much work on either Crystal Castles or the MasterControl 5200 for a while!

I have a contract that should be wrapping up around the end of May and another (big-ish) product that's just about done, so I'll be back at the fun stuff shortly with a little luck...

Just for those of you that were wondering-- I have all the materials on hand for the MasterControl5200 devices with the exception of the color stickers for the cases. My custom molded cables turned out nice and I bought a CNC Milling Machine to make the necessary modifications to the case plastics-- haven't figured out how to run that yet though! (It certainly looks impressive however. That's gotta be worth something. ;-)

At any rate, I'm thinking I might just make a push for CGE in August and show up then with a bunch of new stuff to sell. ;-)

In the meantime-- if anyone is in the neighborhood of Portland, OR be sure to drop by Ground Kontrol at 610 SE 12th Ave in downtown Portland. (Sorry for the pathetic website-- we're working on a new site, but it'll be a few weeks! www.groundkontrol.com)

Ground Kontrol has been one of my many distractions the last few months, but to make a long story short a few friends and I bought the business and are operating it now. We have around 40+ classic arcade games and a good selection of classic console stuff on-site. We're renovating now to significantly increase the number of arcade games and pinball machines and we'll probably have more console stuff too.

Here are some pictures from inside-- www.multigame.com/gk.html

And yes, we have 5200 stuff in the shop. I suppose I'll have to put some MasterControl5200's in there for people to try out. :-)

Thanks,

-Clay

Thank god! Now I can quit screwing up PSX controllers! lol...I thought you had abandoned the project and I have been working mostly in vain trying to just get the thing to work, and not even think about all the custom hack stuff you were talking about doing...hat's off to you when you get it going...I'd love to try one out...and when you say the word I'll order probably 3 for my own use.

Mock

It's terrific to see you're still alive and typing!

When you get to CGE, you WILL sell out of your magical devices. This, for me, is a very bad thing, as I won't be able to make it to the show.

Please, for all that is honorable in the world, make more in September!

-- Steve

:)

• 1 month later...