IGNORED

So, Capcom delivers Dead Rising!

Cybergoth

Yeah we'll see how this turns out. RE4 Wii was awesome.

As for comparisons to other systems' versions, I couldn't care less. If I owned those other systems I might, but I don't. I'll judge this game, like all others, on what it offers me as a Wii owner. Not what it offered other people playing machines I don't have.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These reviews are bullshit. :roll:

I have it, and it's damn good. I prefer it to the 360 one, mainly because they ditched that awful time limit. Times are per mission now. You also can't use the camera.

On the plus side, zombies are smarter and tougher (and nowhere near as thinned out as the reviews say), there are new zombies, new outfits, and the glorious new timer system, which allows you to do all the exploring and wandering you want without worrying about the time. Also, guns are far more useful, ammo more plentiful, and the Wii-mote aiming is just crazy fun.

Graphics, while not amazing, are quite good for the Wii. All in all, i think it's better, mainly due to the fact that you can enjoy it without racing around everywhere.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I received the game on Tuesday from GameFly and my experience/opinion (based on an hour of gameplay) is:

1) Of course not as "pretty graphically" as the 360 version but not outright terrible either.

2) Text is MUCH easier to read than the 360 version

3) Lots of disk loading

4) Lots of pop'in..... example: you are in the courtyard heading for the food court and the way looks perfectly clear until suddenly 20 zombies pop up right in front of you. Zombies tend to "sprint" at you when they are "drawn" on the screen

5) Damn poodles and parrots are annoying as hell as they are everywhere, inside and outside, chasing you

6) Otis isn't as annoying as the 360 version and doesn't call you on the phone every 3 seconds

7) Mall is **NOT** as open as the 360 version. Instead of having free access to every inch, barricades are placed all over the mall forcing you to take zig-zag paths to get to your goal. Example: run from the security hallway door to the courtyard door and you have to make a zig-zag path instead of a straight run as barricades block your way on both sides of the mall aisle-way. And the water that runs along that same path that you could splash thru in the 360 version??? Its off limits in the Wii version.

8.. No jump button. Instead of just leaping over a counter to gather goodies, you now have to find a gap in the counter to walk thru. And no running up the stairs to jump onto the "awnings" over the stores and gather up goodies hidden up there. No leaping onto planters. No flying jump kicks. No crouch or duck.

9) I was not able to drive a vehicle. Every time I tried to get into a car or truck, I would receive the onscreen message "I don't have time for a joyride".

10) And of course, no photography is involved. I'm not sure why Capcom didn't include some way of using Frank and his photo taking skills but I guess if I want to take pictures, I'll have to settle for Pokemon Snap on the VC Channel.

11) Instead of killing Cletus and having a never-ending supply of certain guns and ammo (as in the 360 version), you are now rewarded money throughout the game and this can be used to PURCHASE weapons from Cletus in the Gun Shop.

I really, really tried to approach this game as a NEW game and put aside my experience with the 360 version. But I just couldn't do so and found myself constantly comparing the two games and thinking "Now why did Capcom change this???? This is stupid".

Maybe if I had never played the 360 version, I would have really gotten into Chop 'til you Drop and enjoyed it. But alas, tis not to be and the game is on its way back to GameFly.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

Maybe if I had never played the 360 version, I would have really gotten into Chop 'til you Drop and enjoyed it. But alas, tis not to be and the game is on its way back to GameFly.

Mendon

It appears that people who have played the 360 version are the ones that don't seem to enjoy the game. I'm wondering if that has a lot to do with someone opinion of the game over-all. It seems like the ratings for this one are all over the board, with some people loving it, and some people thinking it sucks. Makes you wish reviewer stated whether or not they've played the 360 version before reviewing the game. In any case, this is one I don't plan on getting. Just sounds like Dead Rising Lite to me which is kinda what was expected.

I've enjoyed what I've played so far. I think that it's just such a different beast from the 360 version that former players have a hard time with it. I'd say Dead Rising 360 was much like Zombie Gauntlet with a time limit - it felt to me like from an overhead angle it would be just like Gauntlet. However, Dead Rising Wii is totally RE4 in a mall and if you go in expecting that you will come away pretty happy.

Damn.....all those aspects that were cut were what made Dead Rising.......well, Dead Rising.

No driving....no photography.....no free weapons.....no jumping!?!?!?!......and zombie animals.?????

I can understand the animal part.....but that should only be if the store had a pet store....which it didn't.